[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I don't care what the STUDENTS are going to do!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> 18 Tir Help Desk, Discussion & Coordination (BREAKING NEWS)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18 tir

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: I don't care what the STUDENTS are going to do! Reply with quote

I DON'T CARE WHAT THE STUDENTS ARE GOING TO DO. THEY KNOW BETTER THAN ANYONE WHAT THEY MUST DO.

BUT THE PEOPLE - MEN, WOMEN, OLD AND YOUNG, WORKERS, TEACHERS, AND CITIZENS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE - MUST COME OUT OF THEIR HOMES.

EVEN IF IT IS TO STAND OUTSIDE THE DOOR STILL, THEY MUST ALL COME OUT THIS TIME!

EVEN IF THEY JUST HOLD A CANDLE QUIETLY OR WHISPER A SONG, THERE BETTER BE MILLIONS MARCHING FOR FREEDOM THIS TIME!
9karevatan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed 100%
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
redemption

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: unitl the mullahs are GONE!!!! Reply with quote

There should be complete and massive boycott of all jobs and everything - Iranians should all help one another in regard to obtaining food, essentials, etc.. and the boycott should continue until the Mullahs are GONE!!!Z

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: persian dream Reply with quote

18 tir wrote:
I DON'T CARE WHAT THE STUDENTS ARE GOING TO DO. THEY KNOW BETTER THAN ANYONE WHAT THEY MUST DO.

BUT THE PEOPLE - MEN, WOMEN, OLD AND YOUNG, WORKERS, TEACHERS, AND CITIZENS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE - MUST COME OUT OF THEIR HOMES.

EVEN IF IT IS TO STAND OUTSIDE THE DOOR STILL, THEY MUST ALL COME OUT THIS TIME!

EVEN IF THEY JUST HOLD A CANDLE QUIETLY OR WHISPER A SONG, THERE BETTER BE MILLIONS MARCHING FOR FREEDOM THIS TIME!

We, Iranians, must never give up until we show to the world who we really are !

The great "Persian immortals" fighting for their freedom, the new generation of Parsis fighting for their lands, fighting for the place they were born in.

"Never forget where you come from" must be tatooed on our body.

Our goals must be achieved before our journey transforms itself in a long stay.

We should not enjoy of our life of exile until we know our country is free.

Written below is what happened and what we should be told to world of nations:

The 28th of August 2003
Persian dream

“My goal, like yours, is not to reiterate the errors of our fathers”

Fourty years ago, a great peace maker, late Dr Martin Luther King, tried to liberate our brothers of colour from the manacles of slavery.
Fourty years later, not only our African-American brothers are not freed but also the whole human being.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mesdames et Messieurs, Senores y Senoras, « Khanouma va Aghayoun »,

Twenty five centuries ago, a great Persian Emperor, in whose symbolic shadow I stand today, liberated the Jews from Babylonian captivity and invited them to live in his lands, showing a proof of tolerance for ethnic and religious diversity. This momentous act of tolerance came as a great beacon light of hope to a world who had been seared in the flames of withering land conquests. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of captivity.

But twenty five centuries later, it is the turn of this Persian to be captivated. Twenty five centuries later, the life of the Persian is sadly crippled by the manacles of corruption and the chains of extremism. Twenty five centuries later, this Persian lives on a lonely island of disillusion in the midst of a vast ocean of illusion. Twenty five centuries later, this Persian is still languished in the corners of religious and capitalists extremism and finds himself in exile out of his lands...and in his own lands!

When the architects of our world wrote the magnificent words of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, they were signing a promissory note to which all members of the human family will benefit of the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world.

This note was a promise that all men, yes, Persian men as well as any human being, would be guaranteed the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

It is obvious today that the General Assembly of the United Nations has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as her Persian citizens are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, extremism has given the Persian people a bad check; a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds."

But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this world. So we have come to cash this check- a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom of speech and the security of justice.

We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind the United Nations of the fierce urgency of now.

This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism.

Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy, to separate religion and government, business and government. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of extremism to the sunlit path of equilibrium. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of women’s oppression to the solid rock of parity. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's children, whatever religion they are from, whatever sex they are from.

I say to you today, my compatriots, so even though we face the diffculties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream, it is a dream deeply rooted in the Persian dream.

It would be fatal for the United Nations to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of the the Persian's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating Nowrooz of freedom and equality. Two thousand and three is not an end, but a beginning.

Those who hope that the Persian needed to blow off steam and will now be content will
have a rude awakening if the United Nations return to business as usual. Believe me, there will be neither rest nor tranquility in the world until the Persian is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our world until the bright day of justice emerges.

In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence as our fathers did. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force, defending the values of Cyrus the Great.

The breathless militancy which has engulfed the Persian community must not lead us to a distrust of all religious and capitalist people, for many of our capitalist and religious brothers, as evidenced by their support, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. We cannot walk alone.

And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall march ahead. We cannot turn back. There are those who are asking the devotees of civil rights, "When will you be satisfied?"

We can never be satisfied as long as the Persian is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of Extremists ignorance.

We can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of exile, cannot gain lodging in their native Persia.

We cannot be satisfied as long as the Persian's basic mobility is from a land of exile to another.

We can never be satisfied as long as our children are stripped of their selfhood and robbed of their dignity by signs generalising Extremists attrocities to all Persian.

We cannot be satisfied as long as Persian people cannot have the right to express themself under a referendum and a Persian in an exiled country believes he has nothing for which to vote.

No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.

Let’s go back to Hamadan, Let’s go back to Isfahan, Let’s go back to Shiraz, Let’s go back to Teheran. Let’s go back to the arms of “Teherangeles” , knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed. Let us not wallow in the valley of asylum.

I say to you today, my compatriots, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream, it is a dream deeply rooted in the Persian dream.

I have a dream that one day this world will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal”, with, among freedoms, the freedom of speech"

I have a dream that one day on the white rocks of Persepolis the sons of former slaves (Persian citizens) and the sons of former slave owners (Extremists) will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Teheran, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that one day my parents will come back to their motherland.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day down in Teheran and Washington, with their vicious extremists having their lips dripping with the words of corruption, that one day right down in New York little Muslim boys and Muslim girls will be able to join hands with little Jew boys and Jew girls as sisters and brothers to symbolize peace between Ismael and Isaac.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exhalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is the hope of a young Persian exile who cried until now because of the world’s cruality. This is the faith with which I go back to my routine of exile. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nations into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood.

With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And if the world is to be one nation, let this become true. So let freedom ring from the ruins of Persepolis. Let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of Himalaya. Let freedom ring from the peak of the Eiffel Tower. Let freedom ring from the crying trees of Amazonia. Let freedom ring from the Status of Liberty.

But, please, do not let freedom blow from the volcano of Extremism.
Fardad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just modified the text Eski.

;

The 28th of August 2003
Persian dream

“My goal, like yours, is not to reiterate the errors of our fathers”

Fourty years ago, a great peace maker, late Dr Martin Luther King, tried to liberate our brothers of colour from the manacles of slavery.
Fourty years later, not only our African-American brothers are not freed but also the whole human being.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mesdames et Messieurs, Senores y Senoras, « Khanouma va Aghayoun »,

Twenty five centuries ago, a great Persian Emperor, in whose symbolic shadow I stand today, liberated the Hebrews from Babylonian captivity and invited them to live in his lands, showing a proof of tolerance for ethnic and religious diversity. This momentous act of tolerance came as a great beacon light of hope to a world who had been seared in the flames of withering land conquests. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of captivity.

But twenty five centuries later, it is the turn of this Persian to be captivated. Twenty five centuries later, the life of the Persian is sadly crippled by the manacles of corruption and the chains of extremism. Twenty five centuries later, this Persian lives on a lonely island of disillusion in the midst of a vast ocean of illusion. Twenty five centuries later, this Persian is still languished in the corners of religious and capitalists extremism and finds himself in exile out of his lands...and in his own lands!

When the architects of our world wrote the magnificent words of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, they were signing a promissory note to which all members of the human family will benefit of the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world.

This note was a promise that all men, yes, Persian men as well as any human being, would be guaranteed the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

It is obvious today that the General Assembly of the United Nations has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as her Persian citizens are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, extremism has given the Persian people a bad check; a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds."

But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this world. So we have come to cash this check- a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom of speech and the security of justice.

We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind the United Nations of the fierce urgency of now.

This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism.

Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy, to separate religion and government, business and government. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of extremism to the sunlit path of equilibrium. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of women’s oppression to the solid rock of parity. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's children, whatever religion they are from, whatever sex they are from.

I say to you today, my compatriots, so even though we face the diffculties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream, it is a dream deeply rooted in the Persian dream.

It would be fatal for the United Nations to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of the the Persian's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating Nowrooz of freedom and equality. Two thousand and three is not an end, but a beginning.

Those who hope that the Persian needed to blow off steam and will now be content will
have a rude awakening if the United Nations return to business as usual. Believe me, there will be neither rest nor tranquility in the world until the Persian is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our world until the bright day of justice emerges.

In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence as our fathers did. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force, defending the values of Cyrus the Great.

The breathless militancy which has engulfed the Persian community must not lead us to a distrust of all religious and capitalist people, for many of our capitalist and religious brothers, as evidenced by their support, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. We cannot walk alone.

And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall march ahead. We cannot turn back. There are those who are asking the devotees of civil rights, "When will you be satisfied?"

We can never be satisfied as long as the Persian is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of Extremists ignorance.

We can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of exile, cannot gain lodging in their native Persia.

We cannot be satisfied as long as the Persian's basic mobility is from a land of exile to another.

We can never be satisfied as long as our children are stripped of their selfhood and robbed of their dignity by signs generalising Extremists attrocities to all Persian.

We cannot be satisfied as long as Persian people cannot have the right to express themself under a referendum and a Persian in an exiled country believes he has nothing for which to vote.

No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.

Let’s go back to Hamadan, Let’s go back to Isfahan, Let’s go back to Shiraz, Let’s go back to Teheran. Let’s go back to the arms of “Teherangeles” , knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed. Let us not wallow in the valley of asylum.

I say to you today, my compatriots, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream, it is a dream deeply rooted in the Persian dream.

I have a dream that one day this world will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal”, with, among freedoms, the freedom of speech"

I have a dream that one day on the white rocks of Persepolis the sons of former slaves (Persian citizens) and the sons of former slave owners (Extremists) will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Teheran, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that one day my parents will come back to their motherland.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day down in Teheran and Washington, with their vicious extremists having their lips dripping with the words of corruption, that one day right down in New York little Muslim boys and Muslim girls will be able to join hands with little Jew boys and Jew girls as sisters and brothers to symbolize peace between Ismael and Isaac.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exhalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is the hope of a young Persian exile who cried until now because of the world’s cruality. This is the faith with which I go back to my routine of exile. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nations into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood.

With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And if the world is to be one nation, let this become true. So let freedom ring from the ruins of Persepolis. Let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of Himalaya. Let freedom ring from the peak of the Eiffel Tower. Let freedom ring from the crying trees of Amazonia. Let freedom ring from the Status of Liberty.

But, please, do not let freedom blow from the volcano of Extremism.
Fardad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until Ahmad is not freed, why should we care about what the students are going to do?
redemption

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

???? Clarification please?
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he means Ahmad Batebi

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
9karevatan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well obviously...
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> 18 Tir Help Desk, Discussion & Coordination (BREAKING NEWS) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: