[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mass Arrest of Young Girls and Women in Tehran
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spenta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Mass Arrest of Young Girls and Women in Tehran Reply with quote

July 16th: Mass Arrests of Girls in Tehran by the Militia, Girls Not Allowed to Contact their Families

http://web.peykeiran.com/net_iran/irnewsbody.aspx?ID=16889

White House Phone Number: 202-456-1111
President's Email Address: president@whitehouse.gov

Incoming news from Rooydad from all over Tehran, are reporting widespread clashes between young girls and women and the regime's militia. In recent days, patrol groups belonging to the militia have been stationed in Tehran's main squares, such as Vanak which is a gathering place for young boys and girls, where they are arresting girls wearing short pants. Rooydad News, reporting on Thursday July 15th wrote that the arrested girls are kept for 24 hours after their files are completed without any contact with their families. Before this, some web sties were reporting from Mashhad that girls wearing short pants were being flogged. There are also widespread reports of the militia visiting clothing stores and ordering them to remove Manteaus and pants, 'Chador' alternatives, from their displays. At certain malls, girls who are poorly veiled are not allowed in. It is obvious that the hardliner clampdown as a result of the 7th Parliament and the Ansar e Hezbollah takeover is fully in progress. Last week, Yalsarat Al Hussein, the official news of Hezbollah reported on orders issued by Hezbollah to Commander Bagher Ghalibaf, including stopping wedding cars, closing shops selling the manteau 'chador' alternative, confiscation of drivers licenses of poorly veiled women, and not issuing passports for any woman with a poor veiling history. So far the closure of shops selling manteaus, 'chador' alternatives, phase has started.
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine told me this .. She said that the situation for the women is now worsening once again

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Spenta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reporter from Shiraz wrote Ayatollah Montazeri about the mass arrests and flogging of women for poor veiling (even mentions putting their legs in bags full of cockroaches), asking if this was acceptable as far as he, the highest relgious authority in Shiite Islam in Iran, was concerned. This is what Montazeri wrote back, I can't read his handwriting, can anyone read Montazeri's handwritten response?