[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Banafsheh: LET'S PROMOTE A WONDERFUL YOUNG IRANIAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Banafsheh: LET'S PROMOTE A WONDERFUL YOUNG IRANIAN Reply with quote

LET'S PROMOTE A WONDERFUL YOUNG IRANIAN to speak at the Republican National Convention

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:26:12 -0400

FOLKS,

Our own brilliant Reza Torkzadeh (whom is one of our BEST and most dedicated young activist), has become a finalist in the MTV essay contest which offers him the opportunity to speak at the Republican National Convention (about Iran) IF he gets enough votes. The below links are the sites where you can vote; though the top link (the MTV link) is apparently the more important one. PLEASE send this out to everyone you know...we've got to send our boy to the Convention come hell or highwater. THIS is another chance for us all to show our solidarity.

http://www.mtv.com/chooseorlose/rnc_contest/

http://www.2004nycgop.com/reza/

Thank you.

Banafsheh

Personal Bio
Born in 1979 in Tehran, Iran, Reza and his family had to flee the country amidst the Iranian Revolution to save their lives. While leaving the country, one of his uncles was executed by the governing regime because of his political beliefs and aspirations.

For FREE IRAN and Regime Change Please Vote NOW For Reza To Win The Contest

Last edited by cyrus on Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:03 pm; edited 7 times in total
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted !

Good Luck Reza Wink Very Happy

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Serious Sam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Let's Vote and Support our fellow young Iranian Reply with quote

I have voted and emailed my list of friends to vote - Let's support a young Iranian and show the world we are united and support the cause of freedom and democracy in IRAN. Very Happy
stefania

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.2004nycgop.org/reza

Essay Abstract

“The president’s call to community service is about the greatest gift of all: an unconditional commitment to helping the poor, the elderly and those without hope...it was during my adolescent years that I realized, more than ever before, that I can make a difference in my community. I firmly believe that today’s youth must know that they too can make a difference.”

Personal Bio

Born in 1979 in Tehran, Iran, Reza and his family had to flee the country amidst the Iranian Revolution to save their lives. While leaving the country, one of his uncles was executed by the governing regime because of his political beliefs and aspirations.

If you could only spend two hours in NYC what would you make a mad dash to do: get a makeover, enjoy a concert in a local park, go on a shopping spree or go to a Yankees game?

Yankees game! Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth all played there. I wouldn’t give up a chance to go to a game.
What singer or band would you want to see if you were in the audience of MTV’s TRL (Total Request Live)?
Dave Matthews Band – regardless of any artist’s political persuasions or opinions, music remains the universal language which is interpreted by the listener.

What is your favorite memory of a president? How old were you and which president was it?

When President George W. Bush stood at Ground Zero on top of a pile of debris and declared to the world that we would bring those who wish to do us harm to justice. I was 22 years old and felt that in those few sentences, he summed up exactly what I was feeling and was what I wanted to hear.

What’s your favorite NYC scene featured in a movie?

King Kong: I’ve always wanted to hang off of the Empire State Building with a beautiful woman in my arms.

What’s your favorite MTV show?

Punk’d

What is the best show ever to hit Broadway?

From the only two I’ve seen, Lion King.

What about President George W. Bush’s leadership inspires you?

He is a principled leader, firm in his convictions and committed to the betterment of our country. He is a courageous president who makes critical decisions even if they were contrary to popular belief.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)

Last edited by stefania on Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spenta wrote:
Vote for Reza Here: (select his name from the dropdown menu)
http://www.2004nycgop.com/essaycontest/

------------------------------------------------------

I really don't appreciate other people abusing the cause of freedom in Iran to promote other agendas.

To Admin:

[b]I would like to ask the admin, to delete non-related materials from main topics such as this. If users can't exercise respect and restraint for a main topic's contents, then the Admin should act. If Topics become main headers on the page such as this, then they should be free of distractions and advertising for other causes and agendas! people can advertise and promote their other agendas and causes under the regular topics! But they should not be allowed to continullay abuse a main topic, to advertise and promote other causes!

Stefania,
Please don't post non-related materials to the thread.
I am deleting Non-related materials to this thread.
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted more than one time .

I read several articles by him which were pubblished on the Front Page Magazine.

I hope that he will get all the votes he needs to speak at the Republican National Convention, as he dreams of that !

He's a talented and principled guy and deserves our best wishes..

He's also nice... Smile

stefania

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch the Video with Reza interviewed by Alireza Meybodi

http://www.afnl.com/ARSH/072804-200.wma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: