[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush Can't Afford Inaction on Iran
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snooze

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, or rather hope, things might change after the elections if Bush gets a second term. I know it's been said before, but his hands are tied right now.

However, the mullahs seem to be doing their best to help your efforts. They are in a rush to have nuclear weapon and long range missiles to go with it, and the more the international community lets them get away with it the bolder they get.

It really surprises me how bold the mullahs are. They don't even try to play the diplomatic game anymore. They seem so incredibly sure there will be no consequences. Either that or they already know their end is coming and having nuclear capacity is their only chance, however slim, to survive. Whichever it is, their nuclear rush is just giving the US the perfect axcuse and weakening the support of IRI's "natural allies" (EU, UN).

If the mullahs don't back away, or pretend to back away, external pressure is going to grow.
redemption

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snooze wrote:
I think, or rather hope, things might change after the elections if Bush gets a second term. I know it's been said before, but his hands are tied right now.

However, the mullahs seem to be doing their best to help your efforts. They are in a rush to have nuclear weapon and long range missiles to go with it, and the more the international community lets them get away with it the bolder they get.

It really surprises me how bold the mullahs are. They don't even try to play the diplomatic game anymore. They seem so incredibly sure there will be no consequences. Either that or they already know their end is coming and having nuclear capacity is their only chance, however slim, to survive. Whichever it is, their nuclear rush is just giving the US the perfect axcuse and weakening the support of IRI's "natural allies" (EU, UN).

If the mullahs don't back away, or pretend to back away, external pressure is going to grow.

The Mullahs are bold because the United States and the Iranian people are the only two main threats to their survival - and currently the US is weak due to the disaster and continued battle in Iraq and the fact that Mullahs have Iranian population repressed to an extent. You never can tell for sure what the Iranian population is capable of - they could explode at any moment, but it is completely unpredictable. When Russia, China, Europe, UN, all crooks are on your side, it makes you feel very powerful!
snooze

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is that this sense of powerfulness can be deceiving. We've seen it many times in history - a dictator gets some successes, makes some alliances, his adversaries and enemies get weaker or seem weak and he gets more powerful. At this point, in order to last, it's really important for this dictator to be able to judge correctly the realistic limits of his power. If his judgement is realistic he's a lot more likely to survive in power, but if he overrates his own power and underestimates the power of his rivals and enemies or the importance of the interests involved in the conflict, then he's in trouble.

Saddam made this error in judgement in the first Gulf War - he underestimated the importance of the interests involved in the conflict.

I don't equate the political constellation prior to the first Gulf War with what we have now regarding Iran. Of course the current situation makes it a lot more difficult for the US to act or effectively threaten to act. But what stirkes me in the behavior of the mullahs lately is this boldness with which they defy the international community.

Until lately they used to deny they intend to use nuclear power for any purpose other than peaceful energy, which no one believes but it is the excuse for inaction. Their behavior alternated between a diplomatic false compliance mode and a bolder defiance mode. They were still playing the diplomatic game, which allowed their powerful allies to excuse either their assistance or inaction with the "peaceful purpose" argument and the Iranian "compilance" and "transparency".

But what the mullahs are basically saying now is: F--k you! We do what we want and no one can stop us. That maybe suggests that they are already very close to achieving nuclear capacity. But it also sounds, at least to me, as if the mullahs feel too powerful - that they overestimate their own power, underestimate the power of the US and above all, underestimate the importance of the interests involved. And this is always a mistake.

They got away with everyhting so far, you are right - when all crooks are on your side, it makes you feel very powerful. But it can also make you feel a little too powerful, unrealitically powerful, and then you make errors in judegement.

It's a good thing that they feel powerful enough to be so bold and defiant. I truly hope they continue this way and won't swing back to the diplomatic and false compliancy mode. The more they exhibit their true colors the harder it will be for their friends to excuse inaction.
redemption

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question is however: Are the Mullahs really saying "Fu** you" and are the International community really at this time opposed to the Mullahs. All signs point in the direction of an environment in which much of the international community is against removing the Mullah's regime, which a sickening conclusion - because it means the internation community cares little that the Mullahs are the world biggest promoters of terrorism, they have comitted unbelievable attrocious acts against humanity on Iranian people, are continuing to fund acts of terror in Iraq and are very close to the Nuclear bomb.

Apparently the international community is worried less about the crimes of the Mullahs and worried more about keeping them in power so they can maintain lucrative oil contracts and can keep major fanatical regime in power that is opposed to the US and can create more and more problems for the United States. As far as I see it - Europe, Russia and China all want the US to be humiliated and fail.

They don't care about freedom and winning this so-called "War".

We'll have to see what happens in the near future - but the bottomline is, there needs to be a major change in policy so that we can turn the mess that we currently have into a situation that allows freedom and all objectives to move forward rather than backwards at the hands of Mullahs...
the_shah_sux_mollahs_also

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mollah are not doing a thing to israel. ms. stefania, what do you talk of? they are lazy and hungry for the money and concerned with the people of iran not revolting against them. you are all a tad extreme in these off topic thoughts.
i am in tehran my entire life and untill you come and see, you are a tad clueless. they are crazy, but they are not crazy enough to do any act to the israel, going for israel, is same as go for united states.
bush do not care for us and nobody else really is also.
even people on this site even people hold the signs at the protes, it can not do anything much.
redemption

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your viewpoint is respected and you are entitled to your opinion, though I strongly disagree with the words you speak.
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)

Last edited by stefania on Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)

Last edited by stefania on Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by stefania on Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
Well, you are from Tehran and are a "student"..

But you might be a Bassij "student"

Many Iranian Freedom Fighters in Iran, the true Students, cannot access this site easily, but you can.

This might prove my claim that you're a Mullahs' supporter, coz you're saying so openly.

your coin falls crooked, girl. you are in europe and what do you do? hold up a sign from time to time? i have accesed this site in paris 2 days passed. in iran we are not sitting home crying like you all think. we living a life to. we have internet and us students at the university know all the trick, do not be foolish, bassij...ha ha ha, this is quite funny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
and i think that the Iranian Freedom Fighters in Iran are right to not post in these forums.

Although these are Freedom-loving Forums, there are some regime agents who monitor them so it's better for them to not post.

Wherever there is a Pro-Democracy website like this, there is always some regime agent who come across it and monitor it.

But, you don't intimidate us and above all, if your goal is know more about the students and activists in Iran and outside, well, you will be disappointed, coz we will be refraining from posting info about them.

I invite all of our dear friends here to not post websites of Iranian Bloggers or Students which are living in Iran or outside.

Please do it though PM or if you do, please make sure that you don't post the name of the Blogger or Activist and use only the nickname.

????? i think you are so paranoid to be from a relaxed nation in europe. yes i am dedicating my life to watch you...are you insane?
redemption

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stef - I don't think our new friend is openly defending mullahs - he's merely giving a different opinion and perspective. Rather than openly attacking one another we would best serve Iran, Europe, America and the greater world by discussing with one another and moving towards a solution and better understanding of the dynamics in play. I'm sure he does not support the Mullahs - but just because he Bashes BUSH doesnt' mean he's pro-Mullah. There is not only ONE TYPE of Iranian - there are many types and many viewpoints that all should be respected as long as they are conducted in a civil manner and are pro-freedom.
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize..

I had misunderstood him when he said "they are lazy and hungry for the money and concerned with the people of iran not revolting against them"

I had understood something like "The mullahs are concerned with the people of iran"

i forgot "not revolting against them"

But later, he insulted me saying "you are all a tad extreme in these off topic thoughts. "

I apologize but he also must,coz i also said my opinion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redemption wrote:
Snooze - believe me, the mullahs will try to take as many innocents with them as possible. THey care nothing for the country of Iran but only for themselves. They are greedy billionaires and will be difficult for sure to remove unless the Iranian people rise up and free Iran - and also the United States must really stand behind the Iranian people. Otherwise - this war on terror is really a bullshit kind of war - as long as you don't really side with the people of the regions and help to make them more free.

they are truly selfish as you sayd. they are not much concerned with us people.
i approve of this statements. they concerned for $$$

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
I apologize..

I had misunderstood him when he said "they are lazy and hungry for the money and concerned with the people of iran not revolting against them"

I had understood something like "The mullahs are concerned with the people of iran"

i forgot "not revolting against them"

But later, he insulted me saying "you are all a tad extreme in these off topic thoughts. "

I apologize but he also must,coz i also said my opinion

it is ok, you know i write englesh backward sometime, i was not meant to insult you, i just said my opinion too. how can a person investigate a site as this? is it truly possible? what can they get from this? i do not want to come off naive, but i did not assume this could concern them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: