[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iranian Opposition Rallies In Front Of E.U. Council

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liberator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Iranian Opposition Rallies In Front Of E.U. Council Reply with quote

Iranian Opposition Rallies In Front Of E.U. Council

September 13, 2004
AFP
TurkishPress.com

BRUSSELS -- Around 5,000 supporters of Iran's main armed opposition group, the Peoples Mujahedeen, demonstrated in Brussels Monday in front of the Council of the European Union where EU foreign ministers were discussing Iran, police said.

The National Council of Resistance of Iran which called the rally claimed that 25,000 people took part.

The protestors, carrying Iranian flags and portraits of their leaders Massud and Maryam Rajavi, were demanding the removal of the Iraq-based People's Mujahedeen from the EU's list of terrorist organisations.

The 25 foreign ministers were not expected to raise the issue in their discussions on Iran, which are to focus on Tehran's cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Association in relation to Iran's controversial nuclear programme.

Iran has allowed the IAEA to carry out tough inspections of what it insists is an atomic energy programme, rejecting US claims that it is planning to produce nuclear weapons.

The British and German foreign ministers, respectively Jack Straw and Joshka Fischer, Monday called on Iran to "honour its commitment" to suspend its uranium enrichment activities.

http://www.iranvajahan.net/cgi-bin/news.pl?l=en&y=2004&m=09&d=13&a=6

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though I do not support the MKO, I do have to commend them on their UNITED stance, they can gather 5000-25,000 (?!) supporters to protest while democratic opposition groups can barely get that many people out when we need them to be protesting...this is something that other HEZBS need to learn and value no matter how much they might HATE the MKO for their history and even current stance; they must commend them for being able to gather so many people in order to protest and make their voices heard.

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
9karevatan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im watching the live footage right now and its amazing!!!!

ive really never seen anything like it...everyone so united against the mullahs....everyone doing something....truly amazing

http://www.hambastegimeli.com/node/view/9179
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
9karevatan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A glimpse at the life of Maryam Rajavi

Maryam Rajavi was born in 1953 to a middle class family in Tehran. Maryam, who has a 21-year-old daughter and a degree in metallurgy from the Tehran University of Technology. She began her activities in the anti-shah movement in 1970. After entering university, she quickly became a leader of the student movement.

The shah's regime executed one of Maryam's sisters, Narges, and the Khomeini regime murdered another, Massoumeh, who died under torture in 1982 while eight months pregnant. Her husband, Massoud Izadkhah, was executed.

After the fall of monarchy, Maryam became a leading figure in the social department of the Mojahedin, playing an instrumental role in attracting and recruiting university and high school students into the ranks of the movement, while the Mojahedin rapidly emerged as the principal opposition movement to the mullahs' regime. In 1980 she was one of the candidates for parliamentary elections in Tehran and, despite widespread rigging by the ruling clerics, she received more than a quarter million votes.
Mrs. Rajavi played a decisive role in organizing peaceful demonstrations in Tehran in April and June of 1981 against the new dictatorship. On June 20, 1981, Khomeini unleashed his pervasive terror on Iranians. Tens of thousands were arbitrarily arrested or executed.

In 1982, Maryam moved to Paris. She rapidly emerged as the most capable and qualified woman in the movement. She was eventually elected the Mojahedin's joint leader in 1985. Four years later, in 1989, Maryam was elected by the movement's congress as the Secretary General of the Mojahedin.

The Turning Point
In August 1993, the National Council of Resistance, the Iranian Resistance's parliament, elected Maryam Rajavi as Iran's future president for the transitional period following the mullahs' overthrow.

She subsequently resigned from her other positions to devote her entire time to her new responsibility. Mrs. Rajavi led the Resistance's endeavors on the international scene, leading a worldwide effort to expose human rights violations in Iran, the mullahs' export of terrorism and fundamentalism, their bid to acquire nuclear bombs, and to introduce the goals and objectives of the Iranian Resistance to the international public opinion.

In her new role as president-elect, Maryam presented a formidable and serious political, social, cultural and ideological challenge to the ruling clerics. Under her leadership, women have attained key positions within the ranks of the Resistance. Women comprise half the members in the NCR. They occupy the most senior positions of responsibility in political, international and military arenas in the Resistance. A third of the NLA's combatants and many of its commanders are women, as is the Leadership Council of the PMOI.

Maryam has given extensive lectures on the topic that is of greatest interest to her: the modern, democratic version of Islam versus the reactionary, fundamentalist interpretation of this religion. For her, the most prominent distinction between these two diagonally-opposed viewpoints is the issue of women.

Mrs. Rajavi's election gave Iran's oppressed society, especially women, new hopes for a better future. Equally profound and inspiring was the impact of her election on Iranians living abroad. Many delegations from the four-million-strong Iranian exile community, among them the most educated and skilled sectors of society, came to meet Mrs. Rajavi in Paris.

Mrs. Rajavi also paid special attention to Iran's rich, but endangered, art and cultural heritage. Many famous singers, film-makers, artists, painters, sculptors, poets and writers expressed their support for Maryam Rajavi and her platform for a free and secular Iran. In Maryam Rajavi, the reactionary mullahs found a complete nemesis: a woman who represented everything they held in contempt. As a result, Iranians across the political spectrum rallied to her support and she became a true symbol of national unity against the religious tyranny in Iran.

Charting the Future
In a speech to 15,000 Iranians in Dortmund on June 16, 1995, Mrs. Rajavi presented a 16-point "Charter of Fundamental Freedoms" for Iran after the mullahs' overthrow. In her speech, Mrs. Rajavi said that love of freedom was the driving force of the Resistance movement. Without it, she said, "we could not have stood firm against the ruling dictatorship. Our nation has paid the price of freedom with 100,000 martyrs." Mrs. Rajavi also presented the main platform of the Resistance for the future of Iran emphasizing the Resistance's commitment to the freedom of speech, opinion, the press, parties and political associations, and free elections. She emphasized that elections will serve as the sole basis in determining the legitimacy of government.

Tehran-inspired Islamic fundamentalism is the greatest threat to world peace and stability. Maryam Rajavi's belief is that fundamentalism cannot be countered with an anti-Islamic culture. The only way to confront it is with a modern and democratic interpretation of Islam. In promoting this vision of Islam, the Iranian Resistance has presented a tolerant and contemporary visage of Islam and rejected the mullahs' savagery cloaked in religion.

"Let there be no doubt," she said, "that the peddlers of religion who rule Iran in the name of Islam, but shed blood, suppress the people and advocate export of fundamentalism and terrorism, are themselves the worst enemies of Islam and Muslims. The day will come when they will be forced to let go of the name of Islam."

Maryam Rajavi in the words of others:
A Majority of members of U.S. House of Representatives:
" The National Council of Resistance of Iran has democratically elected a capable leader, Maryam Rajavi, as an answer to Islamic fundamentalism."
425 Members of British Parliament:
" Support for the NCR and its President-elect, who reflects the aspirations of the wide spectrum of the Iranian people, will expedite the establishment of democracy in Iran and contribute to the restoration of stability in the region."

Georgie Anne Geyer, American author and journalist, writing in the Washington Times:
" In my 30 years as a foreign correspondent, I have interviewed many "unusual" leaders -- but I do believe I have finally found the most stunningly unusual one. Her name is Maryam Rajavi; she has been elected the "future president of Iran" by the growing Iranian Resistance, and she is driving thewomen-hating mullahs of Iran crazy!"

Lord Avebury:
" Her presence here [in London] has been noted by the Independent and the Times, which had previously included her in the list of the 100 most powerful women in the world... But nobody who has met Mrs. Rajavi and listened to her can possibly doubt that she reached the top because of her own qualities of leadership and her own commitment to the causes of democracy and human rights."

Fawzia Mehran, distinguished Egyptian writer:
" Her message is the message of future and her revolution is victorious. The zenith of our dreams embodies itself in Maryam Rajavi. I believe with her help, we will soon achieve victory. This revolution will soon triumph and change the course of history."
mikhanam
Persian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: karevatan Reply with quote

9karevatan, told you before you were with Mojahedin and you said no.
LIER LIER HANDS ON FIRE.

I don't have anything against them, although would be nice if they never existed and neither did the 79 Islamist coup.

as far as most Iranians are concerned they were TRATORS to IRAN and still are!

On the surface they are pretending to be for human rights and women's rights and so on. But when you dig deeper, dirty garbage keeps comin out here and there.

for example, your own Anti Women Islamic comments about: all Iranian girls wearing colorful clothings being prostitutions Exclamation Evil or Very Mad goes to show how smelly your brain is programmed to think! awefull smelly garbage. only coming from a sick twisted brainwashed Islamo Fascist theologies!

one more anti human rights or anti women comment from you and you're toast! get it?

LITTLE HIZBOLLAH BOY.

don't sneak in here with your Pro-Mojahedin campaign, or at least be wise enough and
Do NOT throw around MESOGENIST & ISLAMO FASCIST COMMENTS!

for your information: the Islamo Fascist Era is OVER! GET IT?

Now, Beat It!

redemption

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any photos of this?
9karevatan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have said before and i will say it again that i support ANYONE that wants the removal of the mullah regime....i currently am a part of SOSIRAN and i openly support dr. yazdi's movement...like i said ..i support ANYONE WHO WANTS REGIME CHANGE....

AND I WILL REPEAT THAT I AM NOT MOJAHED NOR DO I AGREE WITH THEIR IDEAS...

also about the girls....i NEVER said that all girls who wear colorful clotihng are prostitutes... and i never would because EVERYONE IN MY FAMILY WEARS COLORFUL CLOTHING...if u want i can send u personal pictures of my family....what i said about the girls was very specific and only because pf my experiences in iran over the summer...

their are many traits of that type of girl:
-major makeup
-tight clothing
-see through clothing
-standing around the streets(mainly in the middle of a street)
-usually alone or with one other girl
-acting like shes on the phone

once again i know thisbecause i was in iran this summer and i would go to the main youth's hangouts=jamejam and fereshteh and shahrake gharb(milade-noor+pasaj golestan) and if such girls existed they were totally distinguishable from all other girls and since we were driving a good car in iran (maxima) many times a girl would get in my uncles car and tell us to go home...then my uncle would force them out and say he has a wife and kids...
mikhanam
redemption

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9karevatan:

I don't disagree with you.
9karevatan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redemption wrote:
9karevatan:

I don't disagree with you.

man mokhlesetam aziz... Smile

the only real iranians at the time are the ones who think of iran as a house on fire....when your house is burning U DONT STOP OTHERS THAT MIGHT HELP U EXTINGUISH THE FIRE NO MATTER HOW EVIL U THINK THEY ARE...because by the time u are done arguing or being angry at others your house is GONE
mikhanam
Persian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karevatan, I don't care if you go to Iran to pay teenage girls or hang out in parties or not,

but I promise you this:

if I see your sister standing in a street, talking on a phone, with tight bright clothing, see through or not, I won't ask her: "How much?"

and remember, you promised to go to the rallies on July 18th, and take pictures! seems you found better things to 'DO', buddy! Laughing

what a joke.

9karevatan wrote:

their are many traits of that type of girl:
-major makeup
-tight clothing
-see through clothing
-standing around the streets(mainly in the middle of a street)
-usually alone or with one other girl
-acting like shes on the phone

9karevatan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the hell was happened on july 18???

what are u talking about dude???
mikhanam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: