[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My take on the US Debates!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acidrain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: My take on the US Debates!!!! Reply with quote

I don’t think Bush lost tonight’s speech, but I do think Kerry gained. Kerry wasn’t as good as I expected, and Bush was better then I expected. Both were being far too careful to keep it from becoming an insult fest, and an argument.

All in all I think the President did pretty well. He did start off defensively, but since Iraq is the number one election issue what else was Bush to do with Kerry's relentless accusations?

Having said that I believe the President scored points by stressing the need to have a resolute leader and that the best way to fight this war on terror is to be on the offensive. Most Americans understand that the best defense is a good offense.

On the issue of Russia, I think in a Kerry Admin Russian and US relations will be harmed as they were under Clinton. Russian US relations haven’t been as strong sense Reagan was Pres. Kerry didn’t mention anything that had to do with the tragedy that happen with the terrorist in Russia, we did from bush. All we did hear was he was going to work on getting rid of the nukes in Russia in 4 years, yeah if they let Kerry!

I didn’t hear enough on N. Korea, China and Taiwan, didn’t hear any real indication on direction on the Darfur issue. The only thing that I heard on N. Korea, was ix party talks are essential, Period, this doesn’t only involve the US and N. Korea it involves others in the region as well!

Iran, Sanctions, Sanctions, Give me a break! Peaceful means of monitored nuclear fuel? Give me a break, the Mullahs want the bomb they aren’t going to change their minds! Completely unrealistic statements from Kerry!!! Iran is a world issue not only a US issue!!!

Allies, Iam not sure as to how Kerry is going to win over so many Allies, and it doesn’t have anything to do with they like Kerry more. They don’t have the means of doing more than what they are doing already! Unless he is going to bribe them or cohesive them as Kerry so puts it on Bush?

I would have like to hear something about the terrorist that come, and train receive funding from Saudi Arabia would be handled by Kerry and Bush, more from Kerry.

There wasn’t enough talk on homeland security if any at all.

There wasn’t any talk at all about the boarder, which is a big issue that needs to be addressed!!!

Acidrain
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite yesterday's bad performance by Pres Bush (i was disappointed as well ) i think that he will WIN the elections.

Almost all the national polls show that he's leading Kerry.

Go Pres!

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Saman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Bush talk about helping the 'reformers' in Iran? That just made my blood boil. What happend to all his talk about the freedomfighters?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know..

Many people still call them "reformers"

But if he helps Regime Change,once that he's reelected, as he promised, i don't care how he calls them.

If he helps to have a regime change, i mean.

If the Iranians will be massively taking to the streets, and the media also cover the events, i think that he will help regime change.

I still trust him over one challenger who said that he would sell nuclear fuel to the Mullahs, has pro-Mullahs lobbyists as fund-raisers and promised to engage the Mullahs.

Bush's not doing enough and is doing poorly on Iran, but he's STILL far better than Kerry and, if i was an american citizen, i would vote for him.

In 2008, we will draw the conclusions.

But for the moment, i hope he wins.

and personally i am convinced,based on the polls, that he will.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: