[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iran's Mullahs Rejects Kerry Nuclear Proposal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acidrain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Iran's Mullahs Rejects Kerry Nuclear Proposal Reply with quote

Iran on Sunday rejected a proposal by U.S. presidential candidate John Kerry who has suggested supplying the Islamic state with nuclear fuel for power reactors if Tehran agrees to give up its own fuel-making capability.

Foreign ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi said it would be "irrational" for Iran to put its nuclear program in jeopardy by relying on supplies from abroad.

"We have the technology (to make nuclear fuel) and there is no need for us to beg from others," Asefi told a weekly news conference.

Washington says Iran plans to use its nuclear facilities to make atom bombs. Tehran says it merely wants to generate electricity from nuclear power.

President Bush wants Iran sent to the United Nations Security Council for possible sanctions over its nuclear program.

But Kerry says he would put Iran's intentions to the test by agreeing to supply it with nuclear fuel for its power reactors provided Tehran stopped efforts to make its own fuel and returned the spent fuel after use.

Iran has rejected repeated efforts by European countries to get it to scrap its nuclear fuel-cycle activities -- activities which could be used to make atomic bombs.

Asefi said Iran could not trust any deal from the West to supply it with reactor fuel.

"What guarantees are there? Will they supply us one day and then, if they want to, stop supplying us on another day?" he said.

http://www.iranian.ws/iran_news/pub...icle_3992.shtml

I have said that Kerry's ideals for Iran were conpletely unrealistic and this only proves my point! Please wake up!!!

Acidrain
Spenta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This public embarrassement of Kerry by the Mullah$ seems to coincide with all the news sotries about talks between the US and Iran. Just 2 weeks ago, a hardliner paper in Iran ran an article about how they would negotiate with Bush.

Kerry has taken a tough stance on Iran, even brought up the words the Mullah$ dread to hear, multilateral sanctions. While Bush has done much to alienate the world, and would have a harder time getting unity for multilateral sanctions against Iran, that is not the case with a Kerry presidency which will not carry the same baggage in the eyes of the world. Perhaps the Mullah$ realising this, are behaving nicely now, and not blowing up Iraq to sabotage Bush, and actually reaching out to the Bushies, while embarressing and sabotaging Kerry!
asher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spenta,

I admire your courage and determination in arguing for what seems to be a minority view on this board, i.e., that Kerry (and not Bush) represents the more formidable adversary for the regime.

In support of this view, one might also point to the mullahs' determination to complete their nuclear project by the end of the calendar year. If (as per the conventional wisdom) Bush represents their worst nightmare, then it would seem to make more sense for them to keep a low profile and bide their time in hopes that a Kerry administration would give them more breathing room; conversely, if indeed they fear Kerry more, one would expect them to rush to complete the program before the new administration takes office.

However, I'm still convinced that it is Bush, not Kerry, that the regime worries about. All of the information presented here (and elsewhere) seems to indicate that the regime wants Kerry to win because they see him, and not Bush, as more amenable to their interests. But I will continue to read your posts with interest, as they are always thought-provoking and provide insights that Bush supporters - myself included - might otherwise miss.

Regardless of which way the country votes in November, be assured that freedom-loving Americans will continue to support the Iranian people in their struggle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: