[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MISCONSEPTIONS ABOUT ISLAM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liberator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourena,

Since you evaded to answer my questions I will re-state what I wrote in hope that you will answer them provided that you have a good answer!

"Is it not a good deed to combat terrorism, savagery, killings!??! Is it not a good deed to defend your country?! Would you stand by as your mother is being raped and say "afarin" as a sign of good words and good deeds? Afarin to our fellow so called "zartoshti" on here (sourena)!
I hope your not another ISLAM-APOLOGIST!"

Ba Sepaas

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
Eternal1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourena wrote:

And I am not an Islam apoligist. I don't have to apoligize for anything Islam has done. An you can argue about it as much as you want, but the discussion is Islam and not Arabia. If Islam is the same as Arabia, is Iran also Arabia, since it is Muslim, I think most people will say no.

Islam is Arabisisation. As a politician and leader Mohammed served the interest of his people, and himself of course, and Islam insured that his people would serve him.

Iran was forced, as other nations were, by Islam, to abandon their own culture, history and language..well in the case of Iran, almost.

Quote:
The most important thing about Islam, and the way that it is different from Roman Catholicism is it is based on personal interpretation. I don't pray in Arabic, I pray in Farsi, and sometimes even in English. Also, you can't call arabic an incomplete language just because they don't have those letters, modern farsi doesn't have the 'w' or the 'th' sounds, does that make it an incomplete language? Real persian does not have the letters E, O, Zh, Ch, and Gh. So is the language of the Avesta an incomplete language? No it just means it's different.

There is a strong emphasis on the importance of reciting the Q'ran in Arabic, and of course even if you cannot understand what you say it does not matter, because you will be blessed just by speaking the language, even in ignorance.

So, the claim that the God of a billion stars and galaxies, the unifying cosmological principle of life, will look down to the spec of dust that is earth and grant blessing to someone reciting in a language that is phonetically limited, has to be strongly questioned.

The issue here is that Arabic is claimed to be the language of God. And if this is the case the Omnipotent One must be extremely limited.
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, when you are speaking English, it is Persian and not "Farsi".

Quote:
And I am not an Islam apoligist. I don't have to apoligize for anything Islam has done. An you can argue about it as much as you want, but the discussion is Islam and not Arabia. If Islam is the same as Arabia, is Iran also Arabia, since it is Muslim, I think most people will say no.

I think most people will say yes. Why do you think our daily language is polluted with 50% Arabic words? We have our own language, it is a perfectly fine language with so many pre-fixes and suffixes we have the ability to create thousands and thousands of new words. I have heard from so many Canadians that our language sounds beautiful. Yet Iranians use so many Arabic words and put Arabic names on their kids because of the influence of Islam. How many times do you hear people say "vatan" instead of "mihan?" "salam" instead of "doroud"? "amal" instead of "kaar"? And thousands and thousands of other words? "Tamam" instead of "Payaan"? "Ghabl" instead of "pish"? "Ba'd" instead of "pas"? I could go on and on. How many people name their kids Hassan, Hossein, Taghi, Naghi, and Ali, Ahmad, Mahmoud, and Abbas, Fatemeh, and Zahra? Don't we have enough Persian to go around? Names like Fereydoon, Anahita, Mandana, Sudabeh, Rostam, Khosrow, Farhad, Parviz, Faranak, Mehrdad, Mehran, Kamran, Shahriar, Shirin. What reason could there possibly be for a bunch of people to forget that they have a language of their own and start speaking in foreign words? And it's not just in iran. Islam does the same thing in Thailand and in Malaysia and Indonesia and Albania and Pakistan. Islamists and Arabism go hand in hand. This is so obvious fact that I cannot believe you guys are debating over it.

Last edited by Azadeh_55 on Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
blank

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azadeh: Well said, as always.......
Sourena

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberator, I didn't evade your question, it's just hard to answer 5 people at the same time, so naturally I forgot a question or two. So...
When did I EVER say that those were not good deeds? Have you ever heard me say that? I thought not.

Eternal1, Iranians (mostly) were not forced to abandon their religion. As any persian historian will tell you, the Iranians, at the time of the Invasions were quite fed up with the Zoroastrian Magi. Religious leaders, (and I stress, NO MATTER WHICH RELIGION) will always eventually become corrupt, if they are given too much power. This was the case with the Magi at that point. Most Iranians embraced Islam at that point, because they saw much of the same things as Zoroastrianism in it.

And arabs have tried to make Iran abandon its own culture, but we haven't. Look at the Egyptians and the Iraqis. They are Arabs now, yet they were not always. We have kept our own culture because we have something called "cultural integrity". And what do you mean almost? Maybe the Iranians that you hang out with have abandoned their culture, but no one i know has.

Who gave you the strong impression to recite the Quran in Arabic? Were you talking with a Mullah and he told you to do it? Where does it say that you will be blessed if you speak arabic? Quote it. I have never heard that Arabic is the language of God. Even saying that phrase is blaspheming.

Azadeh, I can say Farsi if I want. I will call my mother language by its name. Wasn't it you that said no one has the right to tell people they can't express themselves the way they want?

This language that we are talking now has been "polluted" with French words. Why do the English, and Americans use so many french words in their daily speaking? Why do they name their children Louis, Francis, Charles, Henry, and Joan? What reason could there possibly be for a bunch of people to forget that they have a language fo their own and start speaking in foreign words? It was because William the Conqueror invaded England and added 10000 words from French to English. Again, the English did not have enough "cultural integrity" to keep a hold on their mother language, but we do and we have.

It is natural that their names have leaked into ours. The reason that it has not taken it over completely is because we are so culturally strong. You who are such a strong supporters of the Shah and Farah forget that neither of their names are actually Iranian. You make it sound as if NOBODY names their children Iranian names anymore. Shame on you for disrespecting our proud and strong culture that still survives, and will forever survive.

However, again your arguments have nothing to do with Islam, they are about Arabs. You started by talking about Arab influence on Farsi, then Arab influence on daily speach, then Arab influence on names, and then you concluded that Islam and Arabism go hand in hand. Woah! look at that, none of your arguments have ANYTHING to do with Islam.

You are saying that if a person is of a specific religion, the country where that religion originated influences every aspect of their life?
Well let's look at some examples.
Christianity originated in Judea. So does that mean that Russian culture is dominated by Judea?
Protistantism originated in Germany. So does that mean that English Culture is overpowered by German culture?
Buddhism originated in eastern Asia, so does that make Buddhist Indians want to learn Karate and build a great wall around their empire?
And lastly, Zoroastrianism originated in Iran. So does that mean that the Zoroastrians in India (that make up 1/2 of the world's Zoroastrian population) have an overpowering urge to speak in Farsi and eat Ghorme Sabzi?

I don't think so.

Last edited by Sourena on Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liberator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourena (our so-called zoroastrian),

You condemned Saman's view on the evil that is infecting Iran and Iranians. The TAZINAMEH is practically a terrorist handbook! We know what the evil is, it has been identified, now we have to deal with it. Now if you are a TRUE zoroastrian then spread good thoughts, good words, and good deeds! Expose the TAZI ideology for what it is, expose its past bloody history, expose its savage leaders! Defend your country from this brainwashing which will lead to our doom if its let to grow!

When referring to the language spoken by Iranians/Persians in ENGLISH you say PERSIAN and nothing else unless you want to make a FOOL out of yourself.

Ba Sepaas

Sourena

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read what you write before you post it. Nothing you said was even relevant to my last post. You talk like a Mullah, maybe I should call you Imam Liberator.
Liberator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourena wrote:
Please read what you write before you post it. Nothing you said was even relevant to my last post. You talk like a Mullah, maybe I should call you Imam Liberator.

It's called comprehension skills.

I am talking to you regarding this passage of yours (not your last post):

Quote:
Saman, what you just said was oxymoronic. You preach about "Good Words, Good Thoughts, Good Deeds", but you seem to seem to have nothing but Bad Words about your Bad Thoughts about the Arabs' Bad Deeds. You can't just go around calling yourself a Zoroastrian. You can't just convert yourself. You have to be born one, of a Zoroastrian Family (like say...me). A REAL Zoroastrian would not bash another monotheistic religion, no matter how much he may dislike them, or resent what they have done.

I resent the Arab Invasions, and the years of Arab rule, but I was raised not to hate, unlike you it seems. I wouldn't call the Qoran the best book ever written, but I wouldn't disrespect it either. You seem to have your religions mixed up. You say you like a religion that preaches love, not hate, but all you seem to be doing is preaching hate.

Iran will not flourish untill people like you have changed.

(PS On a less serious note, the Qoran is not a Tazi made book. Mohammad couldn't write, the Qoran was actually written by an Iranian friend of his Laughing )

Ba Sepaas

Sourena

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in that case, way to be off-topic, we settled that quite a while ago. please stick to the matter at hand.

But to reply anyway:
"Now if you are a TRUE zoroastrian then spread good thoughts, good words, and good deeds! Expose the TAZI ideology for what it is, expose its past bloody history, expose its savage leaders! "
what is it with people and oxymorons? If I were to talk about their bloody history, that wouldn't constitute good thoughts and good words now would it?
Liberator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourena wrote:
in that case, way to be off-topic, we settled that quite a while ago. please stick to the matter at hand.

But to reply anyway:
"Now if you are a TRUE zoroastrian then spread good thoughts, good words, and good deeds! Expose the TAZI ideology for what it is, expose its past bloody history, expose its savage leaders! "
what is it with people and oxymorons? If I were to talk about their bloody history, that wouldn't constitute good thoughts and good words now would it?

OMG!

You've evaded answering me.
I remind you and you give me a puny one sentence which has nothing to answe my questions.
Now you're telling me that this issue has been settled!
You haven't settled anything here, stop beating about the Bush and answer our/my concerns.

I want you to answer the questions one by one. Don't digress, copy each of my questions and answer them seperately.

Ba Sepaas

Sourena

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have not asked me any real questions, Liberator. Here, I have copied every single line of your posts in this topic, and answered the questions.

Liberator wrote:

Is it not a good deed to combat terrorism, savagery, killings!??! Is it not a good deed to defend your country?!

Yes this is a good deed. I never said it was not

Liberator wrote:

Would you stand by as your mother is being raped and say "afarin" as a sign of good words and good deeds?

No I would not.

Liberator wrote:

Afarin to our fellow so called "zartoshti" on here (sourena)!
I hope your not another ISLAM-APOLOGIST!"

This is not a question

Liberator wrote:

You condemned Saman's view on the evil that is infecting Iran and Iranians. The TAZINAMEH is practically a terrorist handbook! We know what the evil is, it has been identified, now we have to deal with it. Now if you are a TRUE zoroastrian then spread good thoughts, good words, and good deeds!

This is not a question.

Liberator wrote:

Expose the TAZI ideology for what it is, expose its past bloody history, expose its savage leaders! Defend your country from this brainwashing which will lead to our doom if its let to grow!

This is not a Question.

Liberator wrote:

When referring to the language spoken by Iranians/Persians in ENGLISH you say PERSIAN and nothing else unless you want to make a FOOL out of yourself.

This is not a question.

As you see, you have not asked me any real questions. You asked two rhetorical and idiotic questions, which i answered, using plain english. Maybe you have some imaginary post that i can't see.

If you have any real questions, please ask them, I will be happy to answer them.
Liberator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourena,

LOL you're really a sad case. I'm glad you found the questions I referred to but haven't yet figured out why you've reposted the other statements that weren't questions Rolling Eyes, its all about comprehension skills mate.

Thank you for answering my questions and dis-crediting yourself by doing so. Continue being the false "zoroastrian" that you are; any intelligent person would see that your anything but a "zoroastrian".

Ba Sepaas

Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eternal1, Iranians (mostly) were not forced to abandon their religion. As any persian historian will tell you, the Iranians, at the time of the Invasions were quite fed up with the Zoroastrian Magi. Religious leaders, (and I stress, NO MATTER WHICH RELIGION) will always eventually become corrupt, if they are given too much power. This was the case with the Magi at that point. Most Iranians embraced Islam at that point, because they saw much of the same things as Zoroastrianism in it.

So first Iranians embraced Islam because they were fed up by Zoroastrianism, and then they accepted Islam because they found it similar to Zoraostrianism? This has got to be the biggest fattest lie I have ever heard. Iranians never accepted Islam with open arms. It took betweem 2 to 4 Centuries for Muslims to become a majority in Iran. Tabari has detailed the accounts of Iranian resistance against the invaders. He is the father of Iranian history, like Herodotus is in Greece. You can read some of them here, city by city. The picture is not pretty.

http://www.golshan.com/pazhoohesh/pazheslam/iran/main.html

Quote:
And arabs have tried to make Iran abandon its own culture, but we haven't.

Arabs are not trying to make Iran abadon it's own culture. The Islamists are trying to replace our culture with an Arabic one. Have you forgotten that IR wanted to name the Persian Gulf, the Islamic Gulf? Have you forgotten that the IR wanted to destory Persepolis at the beggining of the revolution? Wasn't it Khomeini who said nationalism is equal to blasphemy? Last time I checked, the mullahs weren't Arabs (at least not all of them). And who knows? Maybe 200 years from now they will succeed in destorying our culture. Egypt still spoke in Coptic language until the middle of the 13th Century. They were able to resist Islamic pressue to abandon their own identity and replace it with an Arabic one for nearly 600 years until they finally succumbed.

Quote:
Who gave you the strong impression to recite the Quran in Arabic?

Please read these 9 verses in the Quran on the importance of why the Quran was revealed in Arabic: 12:2, 13:37, 16:103, 20:113, 26:195, 39:28, 41:3, 43:3, 44:58. Does it get any more clear?

Quote:
I have never heard that Arabic is the language of God. Even saying that phrase is blaspheming.

Now as an alleged "Zoroastrian", how would you know what is blaspheming in Islam and what is not? Are you some sort of authority on what is and what isn't blasphemy in Islam?

Quote:
Azadeh, I can say Farsi if I want. I will call my mother language by its name. Wasn't it you that said no one has the right to tell people they can't express themselves the way they want?

Sure. But if even after reading my post about what would happen if we eliminated the word "Persian" from the English language you still refuse to use the word Persian, then I have to wonder what your motives are. Do you not see that the reason most English speaking people use the word "The Gulf" or even worst the "Arabian Gulf" is that they have become unfamiliar with the word "Persian"? Many of them almost never hear this word anymore. So naturally they don't even think to say "Persian Gulf" anymore. And you are helping this by not using the word "Persian" as often as you can.

Quote:
This language that we are talking now has been "polluted" with French words. Why do the English, and Americans use so many french words in their daily speaking? Why do they name their children Louis, Francis, Charles, Henry, and Joan? What reason could there possibly be for a bunch of people to forget that they have a language fo their own and start speaking in foreign words? It was because William the Conqueror invaded England and added 10000 words from French to English. Again, the English did not have enough "cultural integrity" to keep a hold on their mother language, but we do and we have.

This is horrible that the English speaking people would let their language get polluted with so many French words! But we are neither British nor Frensh. So let's worry about our language and let them worry about theirs.

Quote:
It is natural that their names have leaked into ours. The reason that it has not taken it over completely is because we are so culturally strong. You who are such a strong supporters of the Shah and Farah forget that neither of their names are actually Iranian. You make it sound as if NOBODY names their children Iranian names anymore. I know people named Fatemeh, Zahra, and Hossein but I also know people named Parviz, Mandana, Maziar, Pejvan, Sohrab, Pourandokht, and Keypashin. I even know people named Mohammad Sassan and Ali Ashkan. Shame on you for disrespecting our proud and strong culture that still survives, and will forever survive.

It won't survive for much longer if we have too many people who think like you.

Quote:
However, again your arguments have nothing to do with Islam, they are about Arabs. You started by talking about Arab influence on Farsi, then Arab influence on daily speach, then Arab influence on names, and then you concluded that Islam and Arabism go hand in hand. Woah! look at that, none of your arguments have ANYTHING to do with Islam.

Arabism and Islamism do go hand in hand. Goodness, Muslims bow towards the direction of Saudi Arabia 5 times a day, every day, day after day after day!

But it isn't the Arabs forcing their culture and identitiy down our throats. The Islamists are doing that.

Quote:
You are saying that if a person is of a specific religion, the country where that religion originated influences every aspect of their life?

No. It is only in Islam that Arab culture dominates every aspect of people's lives. No other religion does this to people.

And I just want to add that we weren't invaded by the Arabs. We were invaded by Islamic expansionists. Before Islam, Iranians coexited with Arabs as neighbours for thousands of years and we had no problems with them. It wasn't until the birth of Islam that Arabs turned into bloodthirsty monster seeking world domination.

Last edited by Azadeh_55 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for those of you who are too lazy to go out and find these verses on your own:

Quote:
YUSUFALI: We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an, in order that ye may learn wisdom.
PICKTHAL: Lo! We have revealed it, a Lecture in Arabic, that ye may understand.
SHAKIR: Surely We have revealed it-- an Arabic Quran-- that you may understand.

Quote:
YUSUFALI: Thus have We revealed it to be a judgment of authority in Arabic. Wert thou to follow their (vain) desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee, then wouldst thou find neither protector nor defender against Allah.
PICKTHAL: Thus have We revealed it, a decisive utterance in Arabic; and if thou shouldst follow their desires after that which hath come unto thee of knowledge, then truly wouldst thou have from Allah no protecting friend nor defender.
SHAKIR: And thus have We revealed it, a true judgment in Arabic, and if you follow their low desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you shall not have against Allah any guardian or a protector

Quote:
YUSUFALI: We know indeed that they say, "It is a man that teaches him." The tongue of him they wickedly point to is notably foreign, while this is Arabic, pure and clear.
PICKTHAL: And We know well that they say: Only a man teacheth him. The speech of him at whom they falsely hint is outlandish, and this is clear Arabic speech.
SHAKIR: And certainly We know that they say: Only a mortal teaches him. The tongue of him whom they reproach is barbarous, and this is clear Arabic tongue.

Quote:
YUSUFALI: Thus have We sent this down - an arabic Qur'an - and explained therein in detail some of the warnings, in order that they may fear Allah, or that it may cause their remembrance (of Him).
PICKTHAL: Thus we have revealed it as a Lecture in Arabic, and have displayed therein certain threats, that peradventure they may keep from evil or that it may cause them to take heed.
SHAKIR: And thus have We sent it down an Arabic Quran, and have distinctly set forth therein of threats that they may guard (against evil) or that it may produce a reminder for them.

All of these verses go together:

Quote:
YUSUFALI: In the perspicuous Arabic tongue.
PICKTHAL: In plain Arabic speech.
SHAKIR: In plain Arabic language.

YUSUFALI: Without doubt it is (announced) in the mystic Books of former peoples.
PICKTHAL: And lo! it is in the Scriptures of the men of old.
SHAKIR: And most surely the same is in the scriptures of the ancients.

YUSUFALI: Is it not a Sign to them that the Learned of the Children of Israel knew it (as true)?
PICKTHAL: Is it not a token for them that the doctors of the Children of Israel know it?
SHAKIR: Is it not a sign to them that the learned men of the Israelites know it?

YUSUFALI: Had We revealed it to any of the non-Arabs,
PICKTHAL: And if We had revealed it unto one of any other nation than the Arabs,
SHAKIR: And if we had revealed it to any of the foreigners

YUSUFALI: And had he recited it to them, they would not have believed in it.
PICKTHAL: And he had read it unto them, they would not have believed in it.
SHAKIR: So that he should have recited it to them, they would not have believed therein.

Quote:

YUSUFALI: (It is) a Qur'an in Arabic, without any crookedness (therein): in order that they may guard against Evil.
PICKTHAL: A Lecture in Arabic, containing no crookedness, that haply they may ward off (evil).
SHAKIR: An Arabic Quran without any crookedness, that they may guard (against evil).

Quote:
YUSUFALI: A Book, whereof the verses are explained in detail;- a Qur'an in Arabic, for people who understand;-
PICKTHAL: A Scripture whereof the verses are expounded, a Lecture in Arabic for people who have knowledge,
SHAKIR: A Book of which the verses are made plain, an Arabic Quran for a people who know:

Quote:
YUSUFALI: We have made it a Qur'an in Arabic, that ye may be able to understand (and learn wisdom).
PICKTHAL: Lo! We have appointed it a Lecture, in Arabic that haply ye may understand.
SHAKIR: Surely We have made it an Arabic Quran that you may understand.

Quote:
YUSUFALI: Verily, We have made this (Qur'an) easy, in thy tongue, in order that they may give heed.
PICKTHAL: And We have made (this Scripture) easy in thy language only that they may heed.
SHAKIR: So have We made it easy in your tongue that they may be mindful.

Amazingly, it says 9 times (that I know of) that "we" (meaning Allah but we all know that God doesn't exist and it is Mohammad himself who is speaking) revealed the Quran in Arabic to Arabic-speaking people so that they would understand it, (and apprently "ward off evil").
Sourena

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberator, NOW I'm going to start igonoring you because it seems you have nothing intelligent to say, and it is not worth my time to bicker with you.

Azadeh:
1. Iranians embraced Islam (At the beginning) because they saw much of Zoroastianism in it, and they saw that it was less corrupt (at that time). If the people of Iran had not embraced Islam, there is no way the arab invasion would have happened. At the time of the Invasions, Iran had a standing army of about 50,000. Estimated up to 500,000 in times of war. Now, imagine this. How would 20,000 (at the very most) arab raiders with no military training or proper equipment, have defeated 50,000 highly trained, highly mobile, highly organized, and highly equipped Iranian Soldiers?

The people embraced Islam at first, until they saw the Arab's savagery, which was when the resistance began.

2. Actually I did not know many of those points, thank you for enlightening me. However, I disagree, I don't think they will be able to replace the culture, the Iranian people won't stand for it.

3. I am not an authority, but i was educated in Iran, and we had the religion class. It is blasphemy to say that the Almighty God is restricted to one language and does not know any others.

4. I have not read your post on the Farsi-Persian matter. please post a link to it, and if it is as serious as you say, i will start calling the language by the name 'Persian'

5. No we are not British or French. We are not egyptian either. So let's worry about our culture, and put aside the point that they lost theirs. (I am stating this in referance to #2)

6. What? What do you mean "people like me"? I have a purely Iranian Name, and plan on naming my children Iranian names. (Parviz in fact is my first choice, after my grandfather). People "like me" that are proud and have faith in our culture will cause our culture to be destroyed? that doesn't make much sense to me.

6. I was pointing out, (and i still stick to my argument) that none of your points said anything about Islam, just Arabs.

7. Actually, the "Islamic Expansionists" were "spreading the word of God". and they were not the only religion doing this. What do you think the crusades were about?

8. You cannot call me lazy, you didn't even give me a chance to find those verses.

9. These verses only talk about Qurans being in Arabic. That is only common sense. They did not know other languages, so how could they make Qurans in other languages. Was the Avesta written in Chinese, and Greek and Indian versions in 1500 BCE?

10. Of course God revealed the Quran in Arabic to Arabic-speaking people so that they would understand it, what else would he reveal it in? Pig Latin?

Azadeh, you did make several good points, but i'm not sure what you are pointing towards? That Islam is evil?

Let me tell you something. Every religion grows up, like a person, with age. Christianity is 2000 years old, Islam is 1400 years old. Christianity was just as savage and just as brutal as Islam when it was 1400 years old. Have you ever read into the details of the Spanish Inquisition? Nothing the Arabs, Alexander, or even Genkhis Khan ever did was that bloody. What I'm trying to get at, is that each religion needs time to evolve. Islam 600 years from now, won't be the same thing. My bet is that it will be a lot more humane.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: