[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Reza Pahalvi Message re: the Referendum
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What is Anjomane Padeshahi?

You asked me that before. Remember? Smile

They have started to organize inside Iran and are planning to bring down the regime with force.
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they against RP?

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Spenta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard 2 different stories in the last week that may or may not relate to RP's behavor. I cannot verify or qualify either story, I'm just retelling them.

The first story is from a monarchist (hardcore Shahi guy) about RP's recent bomb threat. Getting into a car with his family, his cell phone rings, a voice tells him about a bomb in the car, they check and find and the voice threatens next time it will be for real. This is the closest they have ever gotten, and he can't trust anyone anymore.

The second story which I am far more skeptical of, comes from some American leftist alternative media sources, which are claiming this week that the Pentagon and the US is talking to RP in the same way they were to Chalabi before Iraq. This sounds like the usual propoganda stuff, since I have seen very little from this administration in support of RP despite the usual leftist claims.

But something has been off with RP, and not just with the 60MR, but for some time. It started after July 2003, and has been steadily getting worst culminating with his long silences in the last year, and his mixed messages re: the 60 million referendum.

Ultimately though, I don't know.

He's still the best hope there is, the only viable leader for a real nationalistic, secular and progressive democracy (as opposed to another EU run corrupt and dysfunctional third world republic) and the only opposition leader with a real following inside and outside of Iran. And right now, this is as good as it gets.
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are they against RP?

Well all I know is what I hear in their TV program and read on their website. They love Reza Shah the Great and they love Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi but they say that Reza Pahlavi hasn't done much in the past 26 years and that he doesn't have a strong enough stance against the mullahs he doesn't have what it takes to stand up to them. This is the official reason they give for being against RP. But from watching their TV show a few times, I gather that they didn't break with RP until they first started their TV program about 4 or 5 years ago from London (before they were stopped by the British government) and all of a sudden someone from RP's office called them and started fighting with them and threatening them and accused them of "offending people's religion" and when they called RP's office they realized that he actually doesn't want people to touch the subject of Islam. From what I gather, before this incident they were more or less supportive of RP. But today they are definately against RP.

Their proposition is for a new dynasty where people will choose the most deserving man or woman to be Shah (They always say: shaayestehtarin dokhtar ya pesar e in aab o khaak baayad shah besheh).
stefania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it'd be great for us to participate to this conference and put our questions and comments directly to the great scholar Michael Ledeen !

PALTALK Internet Conference on US-Iran Relations with Dr. Michael Ledeen

SMCCDI (Public Announcement)
January 18, 2005

The "Student Movement Coordinating Committee for Democracy
in Iran" (SMCCDI) is delighted to announce it's next
Internet "PALTALK.COM" open meeting.

The purpose of this particular PALTALK program is to
clarify and openly evaluate various proposals made to the
Bush Administration on Iran and its Freedom Seeking Secular
Movement.

Guest speaker will be Dr. Michael Ledeen; an imminent
scholar, prominent political analyst and the Human Rights
Chair of the Washington based "American Enterprise
Institute" (AEI). Dr. Ledeen will present his perspectives
and explain some aspects of future US policies, as well as
answering participants' questions and comments.

Date & Time: Sunday January 23, 2005 (4th Bahman 1383) From
01:00 PM US EST (10:00 AM Los Angeles local time = 21:30
Iran Standard Time)

Internet Location: The "PALTALK SERVER at www.paltalk.com
(Voice and Type Chat).

Category: By Language/Nationality/Other
Chat Room Name: IRAN Daneshjoo Org (K. Hamahangui).

Interested participants can download the free software and
register by visiting: www.paltalk.com

Participants without an audio enabled computer can send
their questions, or comments by fax to: (+1 (972) 491-9866)
or to the following e-mail address and will receive Dr.
Ledeen's replies and/or comments: smccdi@daneshjoo.org

The "Student Movement Coordination Committee for Democracy
in Iran" (SMCCDI)

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.paltalk.com/PalTalkSite/downloadcr.html

Khorshid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spenta wrote:
The second story which I am far more skeptical of, comes from some American leftist alternative media sources, which are claiming this week that the Pentagon and the US is talking to RP in the same way they were to Chalabi before Iraq. This sounds like the usual propoganda stuff, since I have seen very little from this administration in support of RP despite the usual leftist claims.

Dear Spenta,

We Iranians have had 25 years to see just how “leftist” these entities are. Yet, I wouldn’t doubt this claim solely for its source. If you’ve seen very little from this administration in support of RP, perhaps it is BECAUSE they want to use him as a Chalabi. Chalabi was a mere tool; once used, he disappeared. If they support Pahlavi as Iran’s legitimate Monarch, he won’t disappear as easily. That’s why they’re looking for alternatives, including a watered-down, timid “citizen Reza.”

Hopefully, there are people in this administration who appreciate Iran's unique culture and political history, and for whom regime change in Iran is not defined as the creation of yet another Afghan Republic.

Spenta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Khosrhid

If the US prevents a Constitutional Monarchy option from a Referendum the way they did in Afghansitan, then the govt. will never have any legitimacy.

They can't treat Iran like Afghansitan, Iran must have a choice of CM alongisde Republic for people to vote on, or else there is no legitimacy to the referendum process.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: SOS Iran Position Regarding RP Position Video Stream Reply with quote

SOS Iran Position Regarding RP Position Video Stream
Language: Persian
1) Dr. Iman Foroutan response to Prince Reza Pahlavi .
2) SOS Iran Political Advisory Office (PAO) Team- Shoraye Hamahangi position regarding Referendum and response to Prince Reza Pahlavi

Video Stream High Quality: 225

Video Stream Medium Quality: 30

Radio Stream High Quality: 06
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Iranian Royal Family Council As A First Step For Unity Reply with quote

Iranian Royal Family Council As A First Step For Unity

Iranian Boy wrote:
Some issues from me, Iranian Boy, a known supporter of a CM:

1.) I have never been quite satisfied with Reza Pahlavis way of fighting the islamic republic

2.) I believe the communication between Reza Pahlavi and the people is very weak and people don´t know what this Reza Pahlavi really wants. RP appears on an interview every 3rd month in average.
Something very ironic is that Reza Pahlavi who speaks so much about the importance of a DIALOGUE, himself avoids every dialog he can. Every time RP has an interview with any of the persian media the time is so short that there is no time for DIALOUGE and DISCUSSIONS. This results in the fact that the interviewer asks a number of questions and Reza Pahlavi answer them. There is never time for a DIALOGUE. A dialogue means that for instance Mr Fazeli says,"I don´t agree on this issue, I think a better suggestion would be..."
That would be a DIALOGUE, substituting ideas and not having one sided interviews where one part asks and the other part answers.

3.) The distance between RP and his people is far. He appear very seldom on TV due to some cheap excuses that the TV:s are not acting well.
Through his office he is impossible to reach even if you are a famous TV character or a top political party member. The only person who seems to be active in his secretariat is Kamran Beigi, at least he answer a number of emails and telephone calls.

4.) Reza Pahlavi often speaks unclear and is not good at convincing people. It is unclear what he wants people to do. Over 20 times for sure in his recent speech he repeated "I am supporting the principal behind this idea". He also said that in 5 monts it is presidental elections and that it is a golden opportunity now for people to unite between this idea.

Suppose all people unite behind this idea, what guarantee is there that in 5 months the world will change its attitude towards Iran?

5+55) Reza Pahlavis support of the referendum has caused lots of disputes and internal conflicts among the monarchists. Some monarchists have said they don´t care who is the king of tommorrow, RP or someone else.
NITV, AZADI TV, X-TV,Pars TV etc all oppose the referendum. Iman Foroutan/HomaEhsan and Zia Atabay showed it clearly in the video. Zia Atabay asked Mr Pahlavi how he could suddenly decide to unite with Sazegara.
Mr Souresrafil has stopped his support of RP and Fazeli (last time I saw his was on jan 7) was both sad and angry.

Fortunately not only shahollahis have been against the referendum but also some intermediates. Already on nov 30 the secretary of RP sent a small email indicating their support of the referendum. Reza Pahlavis sign was not on that messege, which was sent by the secretary only.

But that messege caused a lot of ununity and anger and it is surprising how at a time when the referendum is almost dead reza pahlavi suddenly appers and supports it.

I guess Souresrafil was fired by Abbasi the same day as Reza Pahlavis speech. The removal of Souresrafil is a gigantic victory for pahlavis "today only unity" campaign.

Due to Shahzadeh Reza Pahlavis support of this referendum, I WILL NOT OPPOSE THE REFERENDUM, neither will I support it.
I think we should all keep critics silent and not oppose this idea.
We should act like RP wants and in 5 months we will see if Reza Phalavi who called this "yek forsat talayi!!!!!!" (=a golden opportunity!!!) turns out to be a new Hakha or not. Homa Ehsan compared Reza Pahlavis idea with Mr Ahura Yazdi´s which was good intentioned but unrealistic.

But my suggestion is that we support and follow mr Pahlavi regarding this referendum and if it leads nowhere which is quite likely, then RP has lost all his image and credibility.

I think Shahbanou makes a much better job than her son Reza Pahlavi:
-Shahbanou doesn´t have a bunch of "atrafiyan" (secretary etc)
-Shahbanou defends the late shah and her own family in her interviews
-Shahbanou cares about her supporters primarily, not about her enemies.

The result and difference can be easy seen comparing Shahbanous appearance in VOA TV in march where among a total numer of 33 telephone calls and emails 32 supported her, most of them VERY VERY EMOTIONALLY and strongly, people all said how much they loved shahbanou and some people almost cried and said "forgive us for what we did to you 25 years ago"

On the other side Reza Pahlavi appeared on VOA TV in both january and july 2004. He got a number of supportive calls and emails, but most telephones/emails were neutral. Not a single person showed any EMOTIONS towards Reza Pahlavi.

Reza Pahlavi lacks a lot of qualities he would need as a monarch and leader of a country with 2500 years of history behind his head. Yet he still have the chance to become monarch by winning in the referendum, considering how passive he is I believe he doesn´t need to worry too much about terror threats which is of course something positive for every Iranian. But he is not helping much in the liberation process of Iran.
But I hope somewhere in his mind he feels a responsibility towards Shahanshah Aryamehr, his great father whose last wish was that his son one day should bring prosperity back to Iran

Yes I support Reza Pahlavi. But if you read Reza Pahlavis goals on his website you see "freedom of speech" as one of the points. And freedom of speech is just what I am using now.

Iranian Royal Family Council As A First Step For Unity

This is in response to our fellow ActivistChat member with alias “Iranian Boy”, valid questions and concerns. For resolving some of the issues that are slowing the struggle of freeing our homeland, I would like to share my thought, suggestion for our fellow ActivistChat members comment, review, enhancements, possible consideration and completion for formal presentation.
At this critical moment of our history for freeing our homeland it is absolutely essential to mobiles all our forces and strengthen the opposition leadership. There are many Iranian groups and democratic organizations which are working hard, making sacrifice for freeing our homeland and replacing Islamist regime with secular democracy. Currently the main Iranian opposition forces outside Iran can be divided to the following categories:
- Royal Family of Iran and their supporters
- IOTM and S.O.S. Iran
- MEK
- Pro-Republic
- Iranian Left
- Others
Out of above categories the IOTM and S.O.S. Iran has shown one of the best record of democratic organization which does not rule by one person, does not promote only one person, important decisions are made by team effort and currently is becoming one of the fastest growing organization despite the fact that they have very limited resources and younger than other Iranian groups and organizations.
Why is SOS Iran successful? One of the reason is because the structure of SOS Iran organization is democratic and fair.
If the other 5 categories follow IOTM and S.O.S. Iran Model then in short period of time we will create critical mass and getting closer to the FREE IRAN Inflection Point.
Now with the above introduction I am suggesting if Empress Farah Phalavi, Prince Reza Pahlavi, Prince Ali-Reza Pahlavi Princess Farahnaz Pahlavi agree they might consider to create Iranian Royal Family Council with each select 2 independent advisers from other opposition Iranian groups as advisers and member of the Royal Family Council for defining the Royal Family council responsibilities, Fund Raising effort and important decision making process for freeing our homeland. In order to create more Unity and a powerful Network among the Iranian Groups, the Royal Family members also should consider to accept Advisory positions in other groups.
I think Empress Farah Pahlavi should be considered as head of Royal Family Council.
If Royal Family Council is formed and respected advisers are selected then I am sure many ActivistChat members and groups are welcoming active participation of all top Royal Family members and independent advisers.
Due to the fact that majority of Iranian people live in California it might be better , if the Royal Family Council consider to open their office in Southern California until Iran is freed.

Honorable Iranian Royal Family Members Profile
for Serving Suggested
Iranian Royal Family Council
to Help Freeing Our Homeland

Source: http://www.farahpahlavi.org/introduction-1.html
Empress Farah Pahlavi

I honor all the freedom loving Iranians who remained faithful to their ideals and faced their executioners with their courage intact and their heads unbowed.
I salute all Iranian women who have been in the forefront of the struggle against tyranny, intolerance, and inequality. I salute the Iranian youth who have now fully recognized the Islamic regime as the implacable enemy of Iran's national interests, and have, at great risks to their lives and liberties, become the spearhead of freedom and democracy in their beloved homeland. The great heritage of Iranian culture and civilization that for millennia has bedazzled the world now belongs to them. On their strong shoulders has fallen the responsibility to wrest this heritage from those who for nearly a quarter century have, in vain, tried to deny, belittle, and destroy it. “

http://www.farahpahlavi.org/alireza.html

Prince Ali-Reza Pahlavi Profile:

Born: April 28 1966
Place of Birth: Tehran
Primary School: 1970 — 1974 Lycée Razi, Tehran
Primary School: 1974 — 1979 Niavaran Palace School, Tehran
Secondary School: 1979 — 1980 St. David’s School New York City
High School: 1980 — 1981 American College Cairo, Egypt
High School: 1981—1984 Mt. Greylock Regional High School, Williamstown Massachusetts
Under Graduate: 1984 — 1988 Princeton University B.A. (Music/Ethnomusicology)
Graduate School: 1988—1992, Columbia University M.A. (Ancient Iranian Studies)
Post Graduate: Expected Graduation 2004 Harvard University PhD (ancient Iranian Studies! Philology)
Hobbies: Sky Diving, Scuba Diving, Reading, Flying,
Comments: intelligent, sensitive, loyal, dedicated to Iranian civilization, family and friends, great sense of humor,

Princess Farahnaz Pahlavi

http://www.farahpahlavi.org/farahnazp.html
Princess Farahnaz Pahlavi Profile:
Date of Birth: March 12, 1963 Place of Birth: Tehran
Primary School: 1970-1978 Niavaran Special School Teheran,
High School: 10 September, 1979 - 30 May, 1980, Ether Walker School Simsbury, CT, US
High School: 1980-1981 Cairo American College, Cairo, Egypt. Under Graduate: 1982-1984 Bennington College, Vermont, US
Under Graduate: 1984-1986 Columbia University, NY (BA in Social Studies)
Graduate: 1988-1990 Columbia University, NY (major in child Psychology school of social works.
Extra curriculum activity: works in the hospital caring to sick children and senior citizens.
Hobby: Reading books

For Prince Reza Pahlavi Profile please visit his Web Site:
http://www.rezapahlavi.org/index.htm

Last edited by cyrus on Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:34 pm; edited 6 times in total
Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Cyrus

Interesting suggestion. Please email it to Shahbanou Farah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: