[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prince Reza Pahlavi's efforts acknowledged by Third Force

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BitWhys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Prince Reza Pahlavi's efforts acknowledged by Third Force Reply with quote

One of the earliest criticisms I faced in my efforts to support the public works of Iranian exiles is that they are "simply" supporters of the old monarchy and therefore merely CIA thugs to be disregarded. It sounded like a bunch of rot to me, especially having read his recent speech at the Harvard School of Business in which he clearly stated the reinstitution of a Constitutional Monarchy will be a matter for the people to decide in open referendum.

So, since I have a computer tied to my fingers all day anyway I did some scouting around (as I am prone to do) and finally found this article from the SMCCDI site.

so for any and all of you democratic movement newbies (like myself) and passers-by, I hope this answers your question.

yes. The Prince's efforts are welcome. needed, even.

Islamic republic delegation shocked by special appearance at Crans Montana Forum

Quote:
The members of the official delegation sent by the Islamic republic regime to the "Crans Montana Forum" (Switzerland) were shocked, on Saturday, by the special appearance of Reza Pahlavi, son of the late Shah of Iran, who made a powerful speech in reference to "Risks of Doing Business with the Islamic Republic".

The meeting was a three days workshop and debates on various issues affecting the World and Global Economy including the "Prospects for Iran" which started on Thursday with a welcoming ceremony and ended yesterday. Many international dignitaries from various countries and entities along with high rank officials of powerful or multinational companies, such as, Total S.A. (the French Oil company doing business with the Mullahcracy) were part of the forum.

The regime's team was composed by several high rank officials attached mainly to the Bonyad Foundation, qualified as Mafia by Iranians, and of Iran Khodro. Many participants had amused looks toward the Islamic republic's delegation, showing signs of "malaise", during Mr. Pahlavi's speech which was in reality targeting their policies and illegitimate goals. The French Total's team was seeming not happy neither by the appearance and the content of the speech.

The event can be qualified as an unprecedented hard slap in the face of the Islamic republic's diplomats and financial circles who are seeking to sell most of Iran's National assets in order to buy some more European support and time by hoping to avoid the fall of their illegitimate and unpopular regime. Reza Pahlavi's speech was also a public warning to those who, like the French governants and businessmen, are continuing to bet on the ill horse which is the shaky Iranian theocracy.

Such audacity seems to be able to calm part of the increasing criticism made by some Iranian opponents who are looking for a more active role of Mr. Pahlavi in the Iranian Freedom Process. It's to note that despite all braveries made and heavy prices paid by the Iranian people , the lack of an active leadership, trusted by the majority of Iranians, has been so far the main cause for the unsuccess of Iranian secular opposition which is seeking to overthrow the Islamic regime. An increasing number of Iranians, especially among the youth, do trust Mr. Pahlavi and the Prince's traditional supporters, who are seeking the establishment of a Constitutional Monarchy following a referendum process, along with different factions of Iranian republicans believe that the he should play a much more active role. They're all looking that he helps them by voicing up their aspirations and to become a strong catalys for a democratic change in Iran.

The full speech of Reza Pahlavi, made yesterday during the Plenary session of the 15th Yearly Switzerland Forum at the Crans Montana, was as follow:

(more on the site)
Spenta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear BitWhys

I support a Constitutional Monarchy in Iran, and I'm certainly no CIA thug. As many on this board know, I'm a liberal, feminist and environmentalist, and definately not a fan of Bush, so much for cliches.

I support monarchy for Iran, because I believe its the best way to bring about secularity, progress and spearation of mosque and state in Iran. In the absence of monarchy, the Mullah$ will still hold power, and an elected president will not have the symbolic power to stand up to the religious lobby, or bullies in a traditional country like Iran, IMO

and I also agree, RP has always said, that a Constitutional Monarchy has to be voted in by the people.

PS. Welcome to the Board by the way.
BitWhys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spenta wrote:
Dear BitWhys

I support a Constitutional Monarchy in Iran, and I'm certainly no CIA thug. As many on this board know, I'm a liberal, feminist and environmentalist, and definately not a fan of Bush, so much for cliches.

I support monarchy for Iran, because I believe its the best way to bring about secularity, progress and spearation of mosque and state in Iran. In the absence of monarchy, the Mullah$ will still hold power, and an elected president will not have the symbolic power to stand up to the religious lobby, or bullies in a traditional country like Iran, IMO

and I also agree, RP has always said, that a Constitutional Monarchy has to be voted in by the people.

PS. Welcome to the Board by the way.

thanks. I can't agree with your assessment of the need to have a monarch in the seat of power but I'm sure the people of Iran know what they need far better than I do. He's very eloquent. That would be for the people of Iran to sort out, not the likes of a fortunate Canadian like myself.

No doubt a strong hand will be needed to prevent counter-revolution, either overt of covert but that is, IMO, more a matter of good planning and oversight than any one particular form of revolutionary government. and it too can be peaceful (just thought I'd add that to prove once and for all I really am a dreamer)

through all the resistance I'm getting from nay-sayers my mind stays focused on the constitution as it stands and the power structure of the Islamic Republic and exactly how wrong it is. The Supreme Leader has absolute control over what comes out of parliament and even control who can run. That's just plain wrong. As well, the nominally elected Mullah controls the military (although I suspect in many cases its the other way around). Its very much like the Russian bureaucratic elite of old.

they fell too.

In Canada there's plenty of influence from the business community to get their way and sometimes they do very much to what I believe is our detriment but for the most part we have very little to worry about relatively speaking. I thank God for that every day.

our military is controlled by an elected Prime Minister and our military is free to speak openly about what it requires and its purpose.

what holds us together is the power of the laws of the land.

that and curling since our hockey players are all on strike. and we're all addicted to coffee.
Pantea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

his majesty Reza Shah II interviews on march 16th 2005:

http://www.rezapahlavi.org/audiovideo/afn31605-1.html

http://www.rezapahlavi.org/audiovideo/krsi31605-2.html
Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Pantea

I have not been able to watch Payam TV from Internet for 3 days on the adress mms://payamtv.cyberannex.com:8080/

Do you know if the channel broadcasting from satellite or if it has had to close down due to economic failure?
Pantea

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Iranian Boy,

I can't receive payam tv either. I don't know wether they're sut down, but I hope not Crying or Very sad

P.S. maybe patriot knows
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: