[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This Saturday, April 30th, at 10:30 AM Eastern time
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bahram Maskanian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: This Saturday, April 30th, at 10:30 AM Eastern time Reply with quote

This Saturday, April 30th, at 10:30 AM Eastern time (7:30 AM PDT) - Watch - C-Span2 (Book TV) -

Dear Truth Seekers, Democracy Activists And All Concerned Citizens Of Planet Earth,

Please take a few moment of your time and spread the word to everybody!

David Ray Griffin's Wisconsin lecture regarding - - The Events Of September The 11, 2001, And The American Empire, - - is now scheduled to be aired on C-Span2 (Book TV) this Saturday, April 30th, at 10:30 AM Eastern time (7:30 AM PDT), right after Andrew Bacevich on "The New American Militarism" (9:00 AM EDT), which also should not be missed.

So set your alarm clocks (especially if you live on the West Coast) and get your VCRs ready. Also, forward this email to EVERYONE you know!

And much appreciation goes out to Kevin Barrett and the Muslim-Jewish-Christian Alliance for 9/11 Truth (www.mujca.com), who organized the lecture.

Blurb below directly from C-Span's website.

Towards peace and truth,

Emanuel Sferios Webmaster, SeptemberEleventh.org -----

http://www.booktv.org/schedule/

http://www.booktv.org/General/index.asp?segID=5677&schedID=343

Saturday, April 30 at 10:30 am

The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions David Ray Griffiin

Description: David Ray Griffin takes a critical look at the official 9/11 Commission Report put out by the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks

Upon the United States. Professor Griffin argues that the "omissions and distortions" in the report amount to a cover-up by government officials and says that the available evidence suggests that the Bush administration was complicit in the 9/11 attacks (either by ignoring known threats or through actual participation in the planning of the attacks). Professor Griffin asks a series of questions, which he says have been either inadequately answered or completely ignored by the commission. These include questions surrounding the attack on the Pentagon, the way in which the World Trade Center towers collapsed, and the behavior of President Bush and his Secret Service detail following notification that a second plane had hit the WTC. The talk was hosted by the Muslim-Jewish-Christian Alliance for 9/11 Truth (www.mujca.com) and took place at the University of Wisconsin in Madison. Includes Q&A.

Author Bio: David Ray Griffin is professor emeritus at the Claremont School of Theology, where he taught for over 30 years (retiring in 2004). He has authored or edited over two dozen books, including - - God and Religion in the Postmodern World - -, - - Religion and Scientific Naturalism, - - and - - The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration and 9/11. - -
sudi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bunch of nonsense! I'll be sure to miss this program. Thanks for the warning; otherwise, I may have stumbled upon it.
Rasker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sudi, not just a barking moonbat, but a *howling* moonbat! Razz
sudi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasker wrote:
Yes sudi, not just a barking moonbat, but a *howling* moonbat! Razz

Smile I must admit, I had to look up the meaning for "barking moonbat". Now that I have, indeed, a perfect description for this fellow.
Rasker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out moonbatcentral.com! http://www.discoverthenetwork.org/moonbatcentral/index.html Know your moonbats! Razz
blank

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I know what moon is and what a bat is? can you explain what a moonbat is?????/ thanks Shocked
Rasker

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonbat is a political epithet coined in 2002 by Perry de Havilland of "The Libertarian Samizdata," a libertarian weblog. The term enjoys great currency in the libertarian blogosphere, where it is used to disparage modern liberals, peace protestors, and other ideological opponents. It is similar to the epithets Feminazi or Idiotarian.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonbat

A 'barking' moonbat is a more intense representative of the species, and 'howling' moonbat, which I have coined, is the supreme variety.
blank

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Very Happy Thanks for the translation.... I can see all the "peace protesters" that were for Sadam and against the war are "howling moonbaters"...............heh heh heh
BitWhys

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blank wrote:
Laughing Very Happy Thanks for the translation.... I can see all the "peace protesters" that were for Sadam and against the war are "howling moonbaters"...............heh heh heh

so using your logic anyone for the Mullah and against leveling Tehran is a howling moonbat as well?

given the chance and blessed with the courage I'd have put a bullet between Hussein's eyes myself and lamented the need to do so until my dying day but I've been against the invasion of Iraq since the get-go and always will be. the (yet to be seen) ends do not justify the means. thinking it does is Hezzbolah talk.
Rasker

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friend BitWhys

I suppose someone could oppose Saddam and his bloody rule, yet oppose the war that was the only realistic way of deposing him, and yet not be considered a total moonbat, but only a strict pacifist. With his 500 bodyguards, you or I would never get within 100 yards of him with a weapon, more than a few died trying to do that. It was going to take Uncle Sam or a couple of other major players to finally solve the Saddam problem.

No one I've heard of is in favor of levelling Tehran, least of all the people who live there, and want to continue to live, there and free. Levelling Tehran will not be necessary to free it, but a few precision guided 2,000 pounders into some militia and secret police barracks might provide a lift to public morale and the resulting celebrations could well turn into a Lebanon style "Million Iranian March"!

As for anyone supporting keeping the mullahs in power, I think they are either very ignorant, very confused or very evil. I look closely at those opposing any effective means of removing the mullahs for evidence of bad faith, in that their opposition is not truly motivated only by love of peace, or hatred for war. Anyone on the left side of the political spectrum that truly supports the Mullah regime has obviously jettisoned every basic principle except for anti-Americanism, and that includes democracy and civil liberties. To me, anyone that obsessive obviously qualifies for "barking moonbat" status.
blank

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BitWhys wrote:
blank wrote:

so using your logic anyone for the Mullah and against leveling Tehran is a howling moonbat as well?

given the chance and blessed with the courage I'd have put a bullet between Hussein's eyes myself and lamented the need to do so until my dying day but I've been against the invasion of Iraq since the get-go and always will be. the (yet to be seen) ends do not justify the means. thinking it does is Hezzbolah talk.

Using my logic...anyone for the ragheads, is a traitor to Iranian people and the nation of Iran. Anyone against leveling of Iran is wise enough to know better that it will not be necessary or right to do that, I think Rasker responded to that very well. Only maybe some strategic areas and the ragheads houses, like Khamanie, Rafsanjani etc......
The problem with people like you that were against the war in Iraq is that no one could come up with a solution. As Rasker said no one from within Iraq could get rid of him (just like Iran). The only country that stood up to him and reminded the weak, corrupt UN about Sadam's 18 UN violations, waging war on other countries was US. The way Sadam was bribing the UN & the EU he would have been there forever. In fact French advisors kept reassuring him, as long as France is part of the UN Security Council "they will not allow the US attack"....
Yes, I will call all the people that were against the war and had no solution to get rid of Sadam, so he could produce more and more mass graves...a "howling moonbatters". What I do not like is the after war plan where US screwed up and made big time mistakes.
I personally believe the biggest mistake of President Bush was, he should have helped the Iranian people to topple the regime in Iran first. Similar to what President Reagan did for Poland, that way the number of terrorist activities(insurgencies) would have been reduced to 0, since Iranian government is the major player in distablizing Iraq.
BitWhys

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look

respect to both of you but I disagree.

the absence of the a better solution doesn't mean there isn't one, no one had thought of it yet. if Bush and his henchmen hadn't been in such a hurry making a crisis where there wasn't one and was genuinely trying to find the "best solution" instead of forcing the issue, maybe in the months that followed the "best solution" would have become clear.

Hussein was loathed by the Shiite and loathed by the Kurds and probably a good chunk of the Sunni as well. Maybe, just maybe if the forces in charge at all levels stopped long enough to address the needs of the majority as much as possible and maybe, just maybe, Bushco genuinely cared about the people in Iraq the whole thing would have been handled better every step of the way.

But we'll never know.

and more's the pity we'll never know what opportunities were missed and lessons could have been learned along the way. maybe a little more Gene Sharp and a little less Richard Perle and the whole situation would have gone better all around, including everyone's understanding of the crisis that IS the Islamic Republic.

I'm no turtledove. but I AM a dove and always start from a place of peace when seeking solutions. There was no Iraqi crisis except the one that had been fabricated by poorly(?) prepared intelligence reports and what was in the press. and running out of patience is no excuse for the travesty that Iraq is faced with pulling itself out of now.

you got running water? thank your lucky stars.
perzopolis

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say this:

No that I see what the US policy is - and that they are not so gung ho about freedom as they once proclaimed to be. I feel better ends could have been achieved without launching the war campaign. I feel the violence has in fact helped the Mullahs - and I also feel we as Americans played into the hands fo the British and various others who wanted the war to begin with.

I think it is wonderful that Saddam Hussein is gone, but if there is no solid American policy that will lay the footwork for a better future for Iraqis - as well as an approach to free the Iranian people, then it looks to have been in vain.

The US needs to be supporting the Iranian people and quit all the doubletalk.

Bush should listen to Michael Ledeen a bit more - and quit the fake cowboy ****. I know cowboys, and they don't act like G.W. Bush - when they say something, they mean it. If they say they support the Iranian people, they back up their words with action.

Everyone agrees war is a bad thing. Sometimes there are wars of necessity - if they outcome outweighs everything else - but in this case, the jury is still out. Many many people are dying in Iraq - and unfortunately it's not always the "bad guy".
Rasker

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still believe that most of Saddam's WMD work has been smuggled over into Syria. Large amounts of out of the ordinary barge and truck traffic were monitored heading over there during the several month period in which Bush was giving diplomacy and our 'allies' and the UN one last chance. Not all of this could have been Saddam's hoards of gold and cash.

With the newly uncovered billions of dollars in Oil For Bribes money that were being diverted from the needs of Iraqi children to keep Saddam alive and in power, besides the ongoing human suffering in Iraq, there was a serious danger that he was going to bribe his way out of sanctions entirely, leaving the Kurds and the Shiites again at his mercy, and the region and the world wondering what atrocity or aggression he would pull next. I'm only sorry that he was not deposed in 1991, and I feel that the US as the leading Allied signatory of the 1991 cease fire, had full right and power to revoke the cease fire when he repeatedly violated material coniditions of the same. That Saddam's lapdogs sitting on the Security Council would not do the same, is to their discredit and shame, not that of the United States.

Would it have been better to 'go after' the Mullah regime before Saddam? 1) No legal 'hook' against them existed as did the '91 cease-fire and weapons inspection violations existed against Saddam (IRI nuclear program had not been revealed at that time, I recall). 2) The organized internal opposition was (and still is) much weaker in Iran - no de facto liberated areas and militias as with Iraqi Kurdistan, nor solid ethnic majority alienated from a ruling ethnic minority, as with Shiites and Kurds vs. Iraqi Sunnites. 3) Saddam was a high profile international aggressor (Iran, Kuwait); the Mullahs' chronic tyranny, terrorism and assassinations rarely even made the middle sections of the New York Times and almost never the network news. 4) Iran is an order of magnitude more difficult to occupy (size, terrain) and a common line of thinking is that an outside invading force might cause some Iranian opinion to swing toward the mullahs; not so in Iraq, among the vast majority of Kurds and Shiites at least.

For all these reasons, and because of Saddams ongoing involvement in all brands of Mideast terrorism, including material support and training of some Al-Qaeda operatives, he was the first logical target after the Taliban had been deposed in Afghanistan. He was the 'low hanging fruit' and next to be picked.
blank

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, it is unrealistic people like BitWhys, that think after 50 years and millions of people getting killed there are "other alternatives", it is this way of Dovey, feely, thinking that kept Sadam in power for 40 years. No one could get rid of him he had UN & EU wrapped around his fingers paying them bribes to keep him in power. And these "so called peace lovers" sat back and watched; every rebellion in Iraq was met by deadly gas, torture and mass killings. And these "moonbats" still could not come up with an alternative, except for waiting and waiting and waiting, meanwhile more & more people were getting killed by this butcher and his two sadistic sons.
Anytime I hear these so called "peace lovers" or "moonbats" talking about lets just wait and see what happens, that boils my blood. Especially since they have no solutions or their solution is as good as what they smoke.
I truly believe Sadam had WMD but he transferred them to another terrorist country, like Iran, Syria, etc." he did the same thing during the first war taking his airplanes to Iran, and since there are no honor among thieves he could not get them back after to war. The ragheads decided they were going to keep them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: