[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This Saturday, April 30th, at 10:30 AM Eastern time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BitWhys

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blank wrote:
BitWhys wrote:
but since you almost asked I'll tell you I can't give alternatives because I don't know what the situation at the time really was. the friggen CIA didn't know what the situation really was so how the hell should I

The whole world knew what the situation at that time was, mass murder by a butcher and his sadistic sons. You can't be that ignorant

what's ignorant is pretending now that was the reasoning then.

what's ignorant is pretending the US gave a care about what was happening on the ground. if they knew what was happening on the ground they wouldn't have been so surprised when it blew up in their face.

some old tired arguments

I'm done with you
BitWhys

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasker wrote:
The fact is, from what we know now, Saddam had bought and paid for France's veto (and perhaps others) on the Security Council (from the Oil for Bribes program), so no substantial new measures were going to come out of the Security Council, soft or hard. The old measures were not working to keep Saddam in compliance with the inspection regime. In a situation like that Bush and Blair were not going to give a veto power to Saddam's 'coalition of the bribed', in fact I'm sorry they gave him those extra few months to organize guerilla warfare. However the coalition did go the last mile to show their good faith, gave Saddam every chance to resume compliance, and he chose to take his chances.

I'm sure some of these commercial ventures between the IRI regime and veto-holders France, Russia, China and/or Britain are designed to give the recipients an interest in the regime's survival, and motivation to stop any effective 'soft' measures coming out of the UN. We shall see who will be the IRI's 'France' this go-around.

We shall also see what future criminal or civil liability attaches to those persons who tried to keep Saddam in power for money, at the cost of many American, coalition and Iraqi lives. Senior investigators have resigned from Volcker's investigation, and Senator Coleman's subcommittee investigation continues...

right

and you've got proof the business graft made it to the voting chair at the UN? if you do give Volker a call. he'd love to hear it.

the US knew what was going on and looked the other way until they needed something to point their finger at.

you want to talk about bribery go check out which coalition of the willing recieved how much in "foriegn aid".
Rasker

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.acepilots.com/unscam/archives/001347.html

Friends of Saddam
The UN Oil for Food Scandal (UNSCAM), Saddam, and his many Global Friends
« WSJ Discusses REAL "Coalition Of The Bribed" | Main | France Hesitantly Plays Down Bribery Allegations »
October 08, 2004
Iraq Bribery of France Detailed

The Scotsman - Saddam and the French Connection
"Just as I have had to accept that the evidence now is that there were not stockpiles of actual weapons ready to be deployed, I hope others have the honesty to accept that the report also shows that sanctions weren’t working" - Tony Blair

SADDAM HUSSEIN believed he could avoid the Iraq war with a bribery strategy targeting Jacques Chirac, the President of France, according to devastating documents released last night.

Memos from Iraqi intelligence officials, recovered by American and British inspectors, show the dictator was told as early as May 2002 that France - having been granted oil contracts - would veto any American plans for war.

But the Iraq Survey Group (ISG), which returned its full report last night, said Saddam was telling the truth when he denied on the eve of war that he had any weapons of mass destruction (WMD). He had not built any since 1992.

The ISG, who confirmed last autumn that they had found no WMD, last night presented detailed findings from interviews with Iraqi officials and documents laying out his plans to bribe foreign businessmen and politicians.

Saddam was convinced that the UN sanctions - which stopped him acquiring weapons - were on the brink of collapse and he bankrolled several foreign activists who were campaigning for their abolition. He personally approved every one.

To keep America at bay, he focusing on Russia, France and China - three of the five UN Security Council members with the power to veto war. Politicians, journalists and diplomats were all given lavish gifts and oil-for-food vouchers.

Tariq Aziz, the former Iraqi deputy prime minister, told the ISG that the "primary motive for French co-operation" was to secure lucrative oil deals when UN sanctions were lifted. Total, the French oil giant, had been promised exploration rights.

Iraqi intelligence officials then "targeted a number of French individuals that Iraq thought had a close relationship to French President Chirac," it said, including two of his "counsellors" and spokesman for his re-election campaign.

They even assessed the chances for "supporting one of the candidates in an upcoming French presidential election." Chirac is not mentioned by name.

A memo sent to Saddam dated in May last year from his intelligence corps said they met with a "French parliamentarian" who "assured Iraq that France would use its veto in the UN Security Council against any American decision to attack Iraq."

(Full article at link. Hat tip to Instapundit.)

Anyway, Saddam is yesterday's tyrant, Khamenei and his gang are the problem at hand.
BitWhys

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyway, Saddam is yesterday's tyrant, Khamenei and his gang are the problem at hand.

exactly

and what's important is that as many mistakes as possible are identified so they don't happen again. every time history repeats itself the price goes up.
blank

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Rasker:
People like BitWhys are hopeless to debate with, I will no longer respond to him. We actually don't need people with twisted mind like him, on this site. There are plenty of them on Jebhemeli.org all they say is how bad is the US, how wrong was the war, and these idiots have no alternatives. Their mindset is similar to all those demonstrators against the war and for Sadam. I believe he is only a distraction here.
Rasker

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am willing to grant that BitWhys opposed the Iraq operation in good faith and also supports liberation of Iran along with the vast majority of the rest of us on this forum. He and people who think like him may well be very influential on the question of Canadian sanctions or support for UN sanctions.

We can't afford to seek out reasons to not talk to those who agree with us on the one key issue, just because we and they disagree on some other issue, especially one that is now in the past. This goes for all of you who attack someone because of what they did in 1979, or in the early years of the IRI, when they may well have learned from the terrible years since then for Iran, and might well be the people who make the difference between liberation or defeat this year.

Keep your eyes on the prize, brothers and sisters!
blank

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasker wrote:
I am willing to grant that BitWhys opposed the Iraq operation in good faith and also supports liberation of Iran along with the vast majority of the rest of us on this forum. He and people who think like him may well be very influential on the question of Canadian sanctions or support for UN sanctions.

We can't afford to seek out reasons to not talk to those who agree with us on the one key issue, just because we and they disagree on some other issue, especially one that is now in the past. This goes for all of you who attack someone because of what they did in 1979, or in the early years of the IRI, when they may well have learned from the terrible years since then for Iran, and might well be the people who make the difference between liberation or defeat this year.

Keep your eyes on the prize, brothers and sisters!

I disagree with you, especially bringing in those that betrayed our country in 1979. It is one thing to make a "mistake" and shoplift it is another thing to deliberately help and support a terrorist regime, that massacred thousands of people. Many of them are at JM.org and their mentality hasn't change at all. After the WWII, the new government of Germany did not sit down with Nazis and their collaboraters to reconstruct a new Germany. I also believe when we topple this regime many of them will simply take the rag off their head and wear Western clothes, but mentality is still a raghead mentality but in the Western garb.
BitWhys

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

being against the fiasco that was and still is Iraq and being against all forms of military actions are two entirely different things. like I already said in other ways, if America had built its case on something real I may have supported it but we'll never know.

it may not bother everyone that the rationale for invading Iraq is a moving target but it bugs the hell out of me. you can do all the right things but if you do them for the wrong reasons, you're doomed.
Rasker

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that many who supported the 1979 revolution realized what kind of government would result. Weren't most of them revolting in favor of democracy and against one-party rule? And didn't they wind up with exactly the opposite?

I guess the only thing that ultimately matters will be who comes out to man the barricades while the issue is still in doubt. The "fair weather" democrats will come out and celebrate only when things are safe. But those who were out there when it really matters will know who each other are. Perhaps special emblems can be handed out to the first 50,000 people to take to the streets, just as proof they were there.
blank

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, what really went on is not as simple as you describe it, “in favor, of democracy”. The instigators were mostly consisted of islamo/commi, islamo/fascist, and the leftist, with lots of well-versed lies and fictitious stories and propaganda. They had been at it for years, such as blaming their own terrorist activities on Savak. Then there were “Baazaaris” & other groups that were against modernization of Iran. Most of these instigators were in it to promote and impose their own agenda, at any cost, If you look at the 1979 tapes you see bunch of angry mobs, followed by misguided ignorant others, such as students, housewives following them like a herd of sheep. General public were not sophisticated enough to understand the depth of what they were getting into. The mistake these Tudehees (Mosadegh followers) made was that they thought Khomeini will go to Qom and they can rule…well they were dead wrong…and we know what happened after that the fanatic islamist took over start killing everyone, including the leftist that originally supported Khomeini and brought him to power. So, now all those like Bazargan, Yazdi who thought they were going to rule fled and they’re either in the US or Europe plotting to go back and continue with their “unfinished business”. Most of these so-called “revolutionaries” are nothing but traitors to the nation of Iran. That is the reason I am so dead against any sort of negotiation with their kinds.
The more people like Ebadi and company are exposed to the Iranian people the less likely they would make the same mistakes.

Last edited by blank on Thu May 12, 2005 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
blank

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasker:
I am curious, are you American? if this is too personal you don't have to answer it.
Rasker

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am American, and a proud George Bush supporter.
blank

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I was not sure if you could follow some of the Persian words/names used in here.
Rasker

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I can keep Khomeini, Khameni and Khatami straight, though I think an akhoond is one of those long-eared afghan hounds, and a jebhe melli is a type of jellyfish! Smile
blank

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah: we have got our own KKK
Akhoond=mullah= Raghead=thief, killer, pedophile
Jebhemeli=Tudehee=Commi/Facist/leftist/islamist traitors......
and they are all Chameleons (the ever changing color, LIZARD).....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: