[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reformist and Conservative, not the same

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reformist and Conservative, not the same Reply with quote

You can be opposition, hate IRI, be a monarchist, etc. but one thing you cannot say is that reformists = conservative. That's simply wrong. Despite always acting in the "chaharchoobe enghelab eslami", reformists are VERY different from conservatives. Take Moin, he was the only Minister of IRI EVER to resign in protesting of handling of student uprisings. He has been consistently against violence against students, and a very firm voice against conservatives. Despite their failing, reformists have really tried to change something, but they were too meek and easily outfoxed by the conservatives.
If they were all the same thing how would you a) explain the scores of top level reformists thrown in jail or nearly killed (Hajjarian, Abdollah Nouri, Kadivar, etc.) b) The mass veto on top reformist sitting MPs issued by the Council of Guardians last year?
Iran is no arab monolithic one party state, sure, it's no democracy or liberal state, but you have to make value judgements and analyse what's going on.
Rasker

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between the reformists and the conservatives is that the latter include the Supreme Fuehrer and Guardian Council and have all the power. The former occupy the "Presidency" (until the end of Khatami's term) and a small minority of the "majlis" and have no power unless the Guardian Council allows them some.

I don't regard the reformists as traitors (as some on this board call them), i just think most were sadly mistaken (as was most of the rest of the world) in trying to work with a totally corrupt system. I hope many of them will be on the barricades on the Day of Decision! We shall see who takes a stand, who hides, and who actually fights on the side of the regime.

Six Hours to Freedom!
Saman

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all want the IR to exist. That means they're all the same crap.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
blank

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Saman, it is two ends of the same coin.....the reformists have the same raghead mentality, but without the rag on their head....just look at their dirty faces with all the "reesh o pashm"...I prefer to look at a monkey than a LIZARD.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must add:

Reformists are comprised of the following:
1- Those who oppose the extremists.
2- Those who have been rejected by the extremists.
3- and most importantly - those who have been placed on the leadership of the reformists by the hardliners !! This was done by design - to make sure all the internal opposition to IRI is under control.
Saman

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do we even discuss this?
Face it Shahriar, the "reformist"-movement in the IR is long gone. It's dead and buried. The people have long lost fate in its promises. The only option now is to remove the source of our nations 26 year old sickness, the ISLAMIC REPUBLIC!

For the more sensible of us, and the more foresighted have always known that the IR is in no way a viable option if Iran is to ever blossom and take its rightful place among the nations of the world.

This discussing is therefore unecessary.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Liberator

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe our friend Shahriar here believes that islamic-reformists are truly "good people" (like the IRI wants us to believe) and that if we elect a pro-islamic-reformist minded person - someone like Mollah Khatami (who masterfully played his "role" on the "stage") again our problems will be solved!!!

Well think again! The population was FOOLED once but they would have to be total idiots (excuse my choice of words) after all that they've been through and all the enlightening that they've been given.

The islamic-reformists were just another tool that the filthy Islamic Republic used in this "game" of theirs. I say it's time to end this "game" and to once and for all FREE IRAN!

Ba Sepaas

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the political activists and the journalists who are part of the reform movement put themselves in Evin prison for fun? It's just amazing that whenever someone from this "reform" movement does something in Iran, they are accused of prolonging the regime! Then the next day when they are put in jail by the IR, the same people start talking about how these people are in need of help.
Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AGREE 100% WITH SAMAN AND BLANK.
There is no difference between "conservatives" and so called "reformists". They are all the same ****.

Actually I prefer conservatives rather than reformists because the reformists are good at showing a fake democratic view to the west. With conservatives at power, neither ayatollah jack straw nor jaques chiraq can say there is a form of democracy in Iran.

Shahriar, I disagree 100% with you, all people who work with the bastard islamic republic are traitors.
Reformists are traitirs
conservatives are traitors
Shirin Ebadi is a traitor
Jebhe Melli are traitors
Communists, mujahedin, cherik, hizbollah and islamists are traitors.

Down with the entire islamic republic of Iran.
Compleate boycott of the elections. And everyone should stay at home, and not listen to any charlatans like Hakha.

Down with the entire islamic republic of Iran
Down with conservatives, down with reformists
Long live Iranian monarchy
Long live the path of Aryamehr
Long live Reza Shah II and Shahbanou Farah
Down with the entire islamic republic of Iran and down with the word republic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: