[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

17-year-old girl sentenced to death for self Defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blank

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afareen bar Nazaneen Afshin-Jam. She is the hero, for saving a woman's life.
What a difference between her and Rudi Bakhtiar (CNN, now Fox reporter) that does opening, & welcoming statements for ayatollah Shirin Ebadi. Or Chirstian Amanpour who thinks there is some sort of democracy in Iran, especially if "reformists" were in charge!!!
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Nazanin Is Hero and Also Best Female Singer Reply with quote

blank wrote:
What a difference between her and Rudi Bakhtiar (CNN, now Fox reporter) that does opening, & welcoming statements for ayatollah Shirin Ebadi. Or Chirstian Amanpour who thinks there is some sort of democracy in Iran, especially if "reformists" were in charge!!!

January 31, 2007 Should Be Considered as NazaninS Day
Nazanin Is Hero and Also Best Female Singer

Agree, Not only she is the hero for saving an innocent girl from execution, also Nazanin Afshin-Jam is considered as the best female singer and when her CD out everyone will buy it.
Please Watch This Beautiful Video Music Called I Dance For You By very talented singer Nazanin Afshin-Jam and Give Her 5 Star Google Ratings Now.

To Watch This Video Please Click This Link

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5653061439150067005&q=Nazanin&hl=en

Watch This Video -NAZANIN - Save this Child from Execution by Hanging
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: To Pre-order CD Reply with quote

http://www.hrmrecords.net/cart/products.asp?id=110&Cat=NAZANIN&SubCat=CD&SubCatID=61#
Pre-order your copy for Nazanin's debut album "Someday", today, and it will be shipped right to your door one week before the official April 24th release.

1. Someday (The Revolution Song)
2. Forever
3. Split Personality
4. Supergirl
5. I Do
6. You're Calling Me
7. Over
8. prelude
9. Extraordinary
10. I Dance For You
11. Something I Would Die For
12. Stolen
13. prelude
14. Goleh Sang
15. Someday (Persian)
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Updates Feb 01: Nazanin Afshin-Jam Conversation with Nazanin Reply with quote

Updates Feb 01: Nazanin Afshin-Jam Conversation with Nazanin and Photos

Source: http://www.helpnazanin.com/Updates.aspx#20070201

I spoke with Nazanin Fatehi for the first time ever yesterday while she was celebrating her release with her family and friends. With a sweet soft voice, she couldn't stop saying how happy she was to be reunited with her family and how thankful she was to everyone who helped her gain her freedom. I asked her what she wanted to do from now on, and she said that aside from spending time with her family, she wants to have the opportunity to go to school and study hard. She said she also wants to help some of the other innocent women who were in prison with her to gain their freedom.
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye Cyrus, we be witness to a small miracle. My friend, let us continue to anticipate them, and dreams fulfilled.

Check your in-box.
blank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nazanin Afshin-Jam has launched a campaign called Stop Child Executions at www.stopchildexecutions.com Now that Nazanin Fatehi is free and there 23 other minors on death row at the moment in Iran, instead of trying to save one life at a time, she is trying to get to the root of the problem and change the laws.

Child executions violate international law
[No] capital punishment... shall be imposed for offences committed by persons below eighteen years of age

Article 37(a) of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child

According to the United Nations, a child is a person under the age of 18. Despite the fact that the government of Iran has signed International Covenants that forbid them to execute anyone who has allegedly committed an offence before the age of 18, they continue to do so. Amnesty International has documented 21 executions of child offenders in Iran since 1990. In many cases, these minors have been imprisoned until the age of 18 and then executed. Currently, there are at least 25 minors on death row in Iran .

Stop Child Executions Campaign is created to raise awareness about this issue, and more importantly to put an end to one of the most heinous manifestations of the death penalty -- its use against children. It is only through pressure on the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran, both internally in Iran and internationally that we can make a difference. Over the years we have witnessed child offenders being saved and even released from prison through international pressure as seen in the cases of Nazanin Fatehi and Afsaneh Norouzi.

In order not to have to save one life at a time, please sign the petition and join our campaign to STOP CHILD EXECUTIONS once and for all.

This website and our campaign are a work in progress. The more information we receive from the general public, individual lawyers working on these cases and from international organizations, the more we are able to update the website and to provide a stronger action plan. We also encourage and appreciate cooperation from the United Nations, Amnesty International, Government Officials, International Organizations and media in this humanitarian mission.

Your donations can also greatly help the children on death row. You can sign up for our newsletter here.
To volunteer your time and expertise or for suggestions please send us an email.

Thank you for caring

Nazanin Afshin-Jam
Stop Child Executions Campaign

http://www.petitiononline.com/sce/

Stop Child Executions

View Current Signatures - Sign the Petition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Secretary General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon, Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei and Head of the Judiciary of the Islamic Republic of Iran Ayatollah Mahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi

PERSIAN TRANSLATION: www.stopchildexecutions.com
MORE INFORMATION: www.stopchildexecutions.com

We, the undersigned, are deeply concerned about the continuous practice of capital punishment for alleged offences committed by Iranian youth under the age of 18.

Article 6.5 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) declares:
“Sentence of death shall not be imposed for crimes committed by persons below eighteen years of age”.

Article 37(a) of the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) provides that:
“Neither capital punishment nor life imprisonment without possibility of release shall be imposed for offences committed by persons below eighteen years of age”.

As a signatory state, the Iranian government is under international obligation to comply with both articles. However, Amnesty International has documented 21 executions of child offenders in Iran since 1990. In many cases, these minors have been imprisoned until the age of 18 and then executed.

In January 2005, the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, which monitors states' compliance with the CRC, urged Iran to immediately stay all executions of child offenders and to abolish the use of the death penalty in such cases. In the summer of 2006, the Iranian Parliament reportedly passed a bill establishing special courts for children and adolescents. However, it has not yet been approved by the Council of Guardians, which supervises Iran 's legislation to ensure conformity with Islamic principles. During the past four years, the Iranian authorities have reportedly been considering legislation to ban the death penalty for child offenders. Recent comments by a judiciary spokesperson indicates that the proposed law would only prohibit the death penalty for certain crimes, and not all crimes committed by children.

In spite of these efforts, the number of child offenders executed in Iran has risen during the past two years. As of March 2007 at least 25 child offenders remain on death row in Iran . Their names and ages (where known) at the times of their alleged crimes are as follows:

1. Delara Darabi, 17
2. Beniamin Rasouli, 17
3. Hossein Toranj, 17
4. Hossein Haghi, 17
5. Morteza Feizi, 16
6. Sa'eed Jazee, 17
7. Ali Mahin Torabi, 16
8. Milad Bakhtiari, 16
9. Farshad Sa'eedi, 17
10. Hossein Gharabaghloo, 16
11. Shahram Pourmansouri, 17
12. Hedayat Niroumand, 15
13. Mohammad Mousavi,
14. Mostafa, 16
15. Mahmoud, 17
16. Hamid, 17
17. Sajjad, 17
18. Farzad, 15
19. Asghar, 16
20. Iman, 17
21. Ne'mat, 15
22. Hamzeh S, 17
23. Saber
24. Reza Alinejad 17
25. Sina Paymand 17

We the undersigned, call on the Iranian authorities to:

- Provide a complete list of all individuals under the age of 18 who are sentenced to death.

- Immediately halt executions and prevent any further application of such penalties against child offenders.

- Take immediate measures to permanently abolish the death penalty for all child offenders in accordance with Iran 's obligations as a state party to the ICCPR and the CRC.

We the undersigned, urge The United Nations, The United Nations High Commissioner of Human Rights and The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child to:

- Demand that the Iranian government immediately comply with its international obligations as defined by ICCPR and CRC.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Order Nazanin Album NOW Reply with quote

To Support Our Fellow Freedom-loving FREE Iran Activist Singer Nazanin Who Saved A Child from Execution by Hanging in Self-Defense From Rapists .... And To Say Thanks For Her Hard Work Please Order The New Excellent Nazanin's Album NOW From Amazon By Clicking The Nazanin Image Below

Nazanin Someday
OUT NOW - America, Europe
UK - July 9th, 2007
Canada - June 2007

Quote:

Video Clip: Nazanin Afshin-Jam Releases Debut Album Someday Dedicated to Iranian Freedom

Source: http://www.nazanin.ca
Nazanin
Someday
Label: bodogMUSIC
Album: Someday
Director: Joe Plewa

Description:
Iranian-born Nazanin sings of the "progressive revolution" that she has dedicated her life towards. This song in particular is dedicated to a woman that she helped save from a death sentence after killing her rapist in self-defense.

Please visit:
http://www.nazanin.ca

Nazanin Someday
UK - July 9th, 2007
Canada - June 2007

Quote:
http://www.bodogmusic.com/nazanin/

Nazanin Afshin-Jam Releases Debut Album "Someday" Dedicated to Iranian Freedom

Nazanin is the voice for the voiceless...

Iran Press News (Farsi) posted this amazing video by the beautiful former Miss World Canada Nazanin Afshin-Jam.

Born in Tehran during the turmoil of the Iranian Revolution in 1979, Nazanin's family was forced to leave all their worldly possessions behind and flee to freedom, when her father had been jailed and tortured by the Revolutionary Guard under the new regime. Awaiting execution, it was the family's escape to Europe that saved them from political persecution. Faced with adversity so early in life, the revolution impacted her core.

Today Nazanin sings about a New Revolution for Iran- her homeland.
The visuals are extraordinary and include scenes from the the mullah's revolution starting in 1978 and pictures from other historic freedom revolutions since that time.
Nazanin is truly becoming a powerful voice for the imminent revolution in Iran:

Nazanin Afshin-Jam is also an activist for those persecuted under the current regime in control of Iran. Nazanin helped rescue a young Iranian from her death sentence by the mullahs earlier this year:

Nazanin was opposed to the death penalty being applied to 18-year-old namesake Nazanin Mahabad Fatehi, who had been sentenced to hang for stabbing one of three men who tried to rape her and her niece in Karaj in March 2005. She started a campaign to help save the life of this minor including a petition which attracted more than 350,000 signatures worldwide. (Number of signatures gathered to date). She has also dedicated her song "Someday the Revolution song" -one of the 12 songs on her album that was released last week to Nazanin Fatehi and the other oppressed youth of Iran.

"Hopefully I will get to send - or better yet hand deliver- the song to her." said Nazanin Afshin-Jam in an interview. Eventually, Nazanin Fatehi was found innocent and was released on January 31, 2007.

Nazanin Someday
UK - July 9th, 2007
Canada - June 2007

Quote:

Please Watch This Beautiful Video Music Clip Called I Dance For You By very talented singer Nazanin Afshin-Jam and Give Her 5 Star Google Ratings Now By Clicking This Link.

Nazanin Someday Album
2. Forever
3. Split Personality
4. Supergirl
5. I Do
6. You're Calling Me
7. Over
8. prelude
9. Extraordinary
10. I Dance For You
12. Stolen
13. prelude
14. Goleh Sang
15. Someday (Persian)

Nazanin Someday
UK - July 9th, 2007
Canada - June 2007

cyrus wrote:
Click To WATCH THIS Superb DOCUMENTARY Video
http://www.bodog.tv/spotlight/

blank wrote:

NAZANIN - Saved A Child from Execution by Hanging
January 31, 2007 Should Be Considered as NazaninS Day
Nazanin Is Hero and Also Best Female Singer

To Support Our Fellow Freedom-loving FREE Iran Activist Singer Nazanin Who Saved A Child from Execution by Hanging in Self-Defense From Rapists .... And Say Thanks For Her Hard Work Please Order The New Excellent Nazanin's Album NOW From Amazon By Clicking The Nazanin Image Below

Nazanin Someday
UK - July 9th, 2007
Canada - June 2007
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Beauty Queen Out to Save the World! Reply with quote

GUFF SHUFF wrote:
[size=!8] Beauty Queen Out to Save the World![/size]

GUFF SHUFF
Source: http://www.thehimalayantimes.com/GuffShuff.asp?filename=6a1Ra2rfo2am8&folder=aGDafTaSah4afaf&Name=GuffShuff&dtSiteDate=20070429

Move over, Bono. A budding Canadian pop singer inspired in part by the U2 rock star is setting out to save the world, and has scored an early success by leading an international campaign to free an Iranian teenage girl from a date with the hangman.

Nazanin Fatehi killed a would-be rapist in 2005 and was sentenced to death for premeditated murder. She would have joined about two-dozen other youngsters executed in the Islamic republic since 1990, according to Amnesty International, were it not for Nazanin Afshin-Jam, a Canadian singer born in Iran.

Afshin-Jam, a 28-year-old former Miss Canada, stirred up publicity by collecting 350,000 signatures in a petition addressed to the Iranian government and the United Nations. Her namesake was granted a new trial, where the original sentence was overturned. She was freed in January after two years behind bars, during which she attempted suicide. Blood money of $43,000 was paid, most of it raised by Afshin-Jam. She says the whole campaign left her broke.

The Vancouver resident has launched an effort to halt teen executions in Iran (http://www.stopchildexecutions.com), and is helping to send the uneducated Fatehi to school.

Like Bono & Co, Afshin-Jam has no qualms about using her celebrity to get the message out. She won Miss Canada in 2003 and was named first runner-up at Miss World. She has just released her first album, "Someday," which gives her another avenue to promote social justice.

No cause is too obscure for the exotic activist. Afshin-Jam is speaking out against land purchases by Iranian mullahs in Canada. She has traveled to Ethiopia to inspect efforts to treat fistulas that cause incontinence in new mothers. Along with her sister, she is also campaigning against bear farming in China (http://www.stopbearfarming.com).

"I try to be a voice to the voiceless, no matter if they're animals or people," Afshin-Jam said in a recent interview. "Whoever's suffering, I'm going to try to help!"

She speaks four languages, boasts a degree in international relations and political science, and earned her pilot's license in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets. Her campaign for Fatehi brought her into contact with politicians and activists. She has resisted overtures to enter politics, though nothing is off the table.

But human rights activists are not superhuman, and Afshin-Jam fully realizes her limitations. She gets emails every day from people seeking help: girls raped by their brothers and facing ostracism, political prisoners who want Canada to intervene, and so on.

"All this heavy load. And I feel responsible," she says. "That's the part I feel guilty about. I'm not able to help each and every one of them."

She tries to refer them to relevant organizations, but feels bad that she cannot follow up with everyone everyday.

"If I didn't have my music, I'd just be comatose right now on the bed," she says. "Music, at least, is the one fun and upbeat and sassy thing that I'm able to resort to as my sanctuary."

"Someday," released through independent label Bodog Music, reflects Afshin-Jam's passion for fusing different musical genres, as exemplified by French-based world music group Alabina and Colombian pop singer Shakira. The title track, dedicated to Fatehi, wistfully seeks regime change in her native land.

Afshin-Jam was one when her family fled Iran in the aftermath of the Islamic Revolution of 1979. She says her father, the general manager of the Sheraton hotel, was tortured by the new regime after he continued to serve alcohol and play music, and was lucky to escape execution.

Needless to say, a homecoming is not on the cards -- especially since her parents abandoned Islam -- and therefore no face-to-face meeting with the girl she saved from the gallows.

Quote:

Please Watch This Beautiful Video Music Clip Called I Dance For You By very talented singer Nazanin Afshin-Jam and Give Her 5 Star Google Ratings Now By Clicking This Link.

Nazanin Someday Album
2. Forever
3. Split Personality
4. Supergirl
5. I Do
6. You're Calling Me
7. Over
8. prelude
9. Extraordinary
10. I Dance For You
12. Stolen
13. prelude
14. Goleh Sang
15. Someday (Persian)

Nazanin Someday
UK - July 9th, 2007
Canada - June 2007
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Honoring Nazanin: an Angel of Iran Reply with quote

Amil Imani wrote:
Honoring Nazanin: an Angel of Iran
By Amil Imani

Source: http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/04/honoring_nazanin_an_angel_of_i.html

Never mind the mythical angels of religion and poetry. Meet a living angel in flesh, Nazanin Afshin-Jam. Many of you may not know that we have a hero in our midst. Many of you may not know that this individual, singlehandedly, has done more for her compatriots, as well as for other people of our planet, than most of us together. This dazzling beauty, both inside and outside, has dedicated her life to the good of humanity.

We are honoring Nazanin Afshin-Jam for her tireless efforts to shed light into the shadowy corners of conflict, to expose and end the abuses that ruin the lives of so many children in Iran. Her work exemplifies the ideals of the human rights movement: "courage, an unswerving commitment to justice and a genuine concern for the rights of all victims."

cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Honoring Nazanin: an Angel of Iran Reply with quote

Yari National Group wrote:

Dear Compatriots,

Ms. Nazanin has a proven track record on her admirable and genuine feeling, care and selfless actions for our underprivileged minors, in the hands of Mullah's vicious and corrupt regime.

Yari National Group will be privileged to support honoring Ms. Nazanin as always, convey her selfless and brave actions to all.

God Bless Nazanin and all others who are only thinking about Iran. Not looking for rewards or gratitude's for what they do.

We thank Ms. Nazanin for all her hard work. Stand beside her to assist in freeing our nation from the grips of corrupt regime.

Yari National Group

Attorney ZOHREH MIZRAHI wrote:

Well deserved.

ZOHREH MIZRAHI, Esq.
LAW OFFICES OF MIKE S. MANESH
A PROFESSIONAL LAW CORPORATION

2049 Century Park East, Suite 2680
Los Angeles, California 90067

Office : (310) 843-9494
Fax :(310) 843-9777
Web : www.visa4america.com

cyrus wrote:
Amil Imani wrote:
Honoring Nazanin: an Angel of Iran
By Amil Imani

Source: http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/04/honoring_nazanin_an_angel_of_i.html

Never mind the mythical angels of religion and poetry. Meet a living angel in flesh, Nazanin Afshin-Jam. Many of you may not know that we have a hero in our midst. Many of you may not know that this individual, singlehandedly, has done more for her compatriots, as well as for other people of our planet, than most of us together. This dazzling beauty, both inside and outside, has dedicated her life to the good of humanity.

We are honoring Nazanin Afshin-Jam for her tireless efforts to shed light into the shadowy corners of conflict, to expose and end the abuses that ruin the lives of so many children in Iran. Her work exemplifies the ideals of the human rights movement: "courage, an unswerving commitment to justice and a genuine concern for the rights of all victims."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: