[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Is Ganji?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oppenheimer wrote:
Dear Cyrus,

Sometimes the most telling evidence is not what one does or says, but what one does not do or say.

Question: Has Ganji met with any opposition groups or leadership in the US on his trip?

If not, then I submit aside from all other evidence or lack of, that he is no longer a dissident.

End of story.

Ganji, this former IslamoFascist Revolutionary Guard member who is proud of serving Taazi Revolution that destroyed Iran feels, he is above freedom-loving Iranian opposition that rejected the Islam and Taazi revolution from the beginning of its creation. It is shame that Hollywood invited him.
Freedom-loving Iranian people both inside and outside Iran do not follow former IslamoFascist Revolutionary Guard/Militia members.
We have many good Iranian opposition leaders outside Iran and we don't need Ganji with Taazi profile. Going to prison and hunger strike does not create credit for former Taazi members. Going to prison and hunger strike might be attractive for Holloywood crowd but not for hard core supporters of Taazi regime change.
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Cyrus,

Thanks for your clarification, it's quite obvious he's "preaching to the choir" out in Hollywood.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: How to Identify Taazi Traitors and Pro Hezbollah Occupiers Reply with quote

How to Identify Taazi Traitors and Pro Hezbollah Occupiers of Iran?

Quote:
President Bush hailed his valiance and called for his release, authorizing $75 million in funding this year to support Iran's democratic opposition.

But Ganji, a former member of the Revolutionary Guards who is now regarded as one of Iran's leading journalists and dissidents, has come to California to deliver what may seem a counterintuitive message: Leave Iran alone.

In interviews, talks with scholars and an appearance last week at a celebrity-studded gathering sponsored by actor Sean Penn and producer Mike Medavoy, Ganji pressed his view that U.S. military intervention and funding of dissidents would only give the Iranian regime an excuse for further crackdowns. Already, he said, the regime is trying to marginalize the opposition as "foreign agents" and has dramatically increased censorship and other oppressive measures.

Ganji is asking to appease Mullahs and after 100 years the IslamoFascist might change. Don't help freedom-loving opposition to Mullahs and let the regime spend billions of dollars (stolen oil money) for Terror, Torture and killing oppositions. Shame on anyone who agrees with this garbage. He is new Khatami to appease Mullahs and Islam. All pro Hezbollah followers of Islam in Iran are "Taazi agents" which is much worst than being "foreign agents".

If Mr. Ganji can change the Islamofascist regime by himself why he has not been able to do it in past 27 years?

What Mr. Ganji and his friends are suggesting to US: don't help opposition to Islamofascist Terror and Torture Master so they can stay in power longer and spend the stolen Iranian oil money for Hezbollah Missiles and let the Islamist to create another Sept 11 and possibly use nuclear weapon. These kind of statements is proving who is working for freeing their homeland and who is traitor.

I am sorry for those US officials that are lisenting to these stupid garbage from Ganji, Iranian Proffessors who are serving Taazi interest in US, EU3 .... for their own bloody agenda.

Someone should ask these fools if freedom-loving Iranian people with 150,000 political executions and 500,000 torture victims could have freed Iran without outside help they would have done it in past 27 years.

On one side Taazi Islamofascists with billions of stolen oil money and on the other side millions of freeom-loving Iranian people without any resources and help from US ...

If US would have helped freedom-loving Iranian people against Taazi Islamist Sept. 11 would not happen, Hezbollah would not exist without stolen Iranian people Oil money, free world would not have so much problem with Islamist and today we did not need to worry about Apocalypse Now? by MAD Islamists ....

Now it has become too late to help freedom-loving Iranian people to send the Taazi Mullahs to dustbin of history by themselves ... count down to War has already started by Pro Hezbollah Islamist occupiers of Iran .....
As we all know the outcome of any War is not going to be pleasent .....

Mr. Ganji if you and your fellow revolutionary guard traitors who served the Mullahs in past 27 years, cared about Iranian people National Interest then they would have put bullets into head of all top Mullahs and all your MAD fellow Islamists and today the freedom-loving Iranian people did not need to ask for outside help .... Shame on You and Shame on All who supported this Islamofascist regime in past 27 years .....

cyrus wrote:
Apocalypse Now?

August 10, 2006
National Review Online
Joel C. Rosenberg

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NWNmMWM5MjhhMzVjZTM0ZmI1ZmJlYzAxNzU3NDEyMWI

Is Iran planning an apocalyptic strike against Israel and/or the United States for August 22? If so, what should the U.S. do to protect Americans and our ally? Such questions are worrying a growing number of officials in the White House, at the CIA, and at the Pentagon, and for good reason.

As a devout Shiite Muslim, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is telling colleagues in Tehran that he believes the end of the world is rapidly approaching. He also believes that the way to hasten the coming of the Islamic Messiah known as the “Hidden Imam” or the “Mahdi” is to launch a catastrophic global jihad, first against Israel (the “little Satan”) and then against the U.S. (the “Great Satan”). What’s more, Ahmadinejad is widely believed to be pursuing nuclear weapons that would give him the ability to carry out his apocalyptic religious views. Some experts even speculate that Iran may already have several atomic bombs and the means to deliver them.

In recent days, Ahmadinejad and his advisers have said that Iran will answer the world regarding the future of its nuclear program on August 22. That happens to be a very significant date for Muslims: It is the anniversary of the supposed “night flight” by Mohammed from Saudi Arabia to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem to heaven and back again. There is a worry that Ahmadinejad is planning some sort of apocalyptic attack as his ‘“response” on August 22. If so, time is short and the clock is ticking.

It is hard for many Americans to imagine an Iranian leader (or any other world leader) actually trying to bring about the end of the world by launching a nuclear attack to destroy millions of Jews and Christians. But it is precisely this type of attack that I wrote about in my recent political thrillers, The Ezekiel Option and The Copper Scroll. One of my goals was to help people understand this brand of radical Islamic thinking and its implications for Western civilization. On page 358 of The Ezekiel Option, a fictional Islamic character insists that Israel is going to be “wiped off the face of the map forever.” Five months after Option was published last June, Ahmadinejad gave a speech vowing to wipe Israel “off the map” forever. In the novel, Iran forms a military alliance with Russia and starts buying state-of-the-art weaponry from Moscow to accomplish its apocalyptic objectives. Last December, fiction again became reality, when Iran signed a $1 billion deal with Russia to buy missiles and others weapons.

Muslims are not the only ones who have apocalyptic end-times views, of course. As an evangelical Christian from an Orthodox Jewish heritage, my novels are based on a number of “end times” prophecies that the Bible says will be fulfilled in “the last days.” For example, the Hebrew Prophet Ezekiel — writing 2,500 years ago — described a future Middle Eastern war to annihilate Israel that is known today by Bible scholars as the “War of Gog and Magog.” Jews and Christians who take Ezekiel’s prophecies seriously believe that at the last minute the God of Israel will supernaturally intervene to defeat Israel’s enemies in this war. By contrast, the Muslim version of the “War of “Gog and Magog“ found in the Koran concludes with Muslims winning. The Ezekiel Option and The Copper Scroll imagine how such prophecies could play themselves out in modern times. But suddenly this is no longer the stuff of fiction. Ahmadinejad actually seems intent on launching the “War of Gog and Magog.”

Bernard Lewis of Princeton University, arguably the world’s foremost expert on Middle Eastern history, wrote an essay for the Wall Street Journal last Tuesday warning that Ahmadinejad’s apocalyptic objectives could lead to a “cataclysmic” attack on August 22. Lewis observed that there it is not possible to say with any certainty that such an attack is planned, but he felt compelled to explain to Americans just how dangerous Ahmadinejad’s thinking is, especially in light of Islamic, Jewish, and Christian “end times” theology, such as the “War of Gog and Magog” and “Armageddon.” How, Lewis asked, can you negotiate with a man who believes it is his religious duty and mission to bring about the end of the world? How can you deter a man who wants to die and go to paradise, but believes he won’t actually die in such a war because Allah is on his side to kill millions of “infidels”?

Lewis’s warning was prudent and needed, as was his careful explanation of the apocalyptic thinking driving the Iranian leadership at present. But Lewis’s conclusion was puzzling. He writes:

“How then can one confront such an enemy, with such a view of life and death?” he wrote. “Some immediate precautions are obviously possible and necessary. In the long term, it would seem that the best, perhaps the only hope is to appeal to those Muslims, Iranians, Arabs and others who do not share these apocalyptic perceptions and aspirations, and feel as much threatened, indeed even more threatened, than we are. There must be many such, probably even a majority in the lands of Islam. Now is the time for them to save their countries, their societies and their religion from the madness of MAD [the Cold War policy of Mutual Assured Destruction].”

’This is indeed a wise “long-term” strategy, trying to win over Islamic moderates, but Lewis writes as if the danger posed by Iran is not an immediate one, as if we have the luxury of relying on far-sighted strategies. But ’Lewis himself is suggesting that Iran may be planning “cataclysmic” attacks to begin as early as August 22. That doesn’t leave a lot of time for long-term planning. We all hope and pray that August 22 is not the day Ahmadinejad has chosen to launch the apocalypse, but there is little doubt in the White House and at the CIA that the Iranian leader is feverishly trying to build, buy, or steal nuclear weapons, and that he will quite likely use them once he has them.

All of this raises very serious questions for the president and the nation. How much time do we have to pursue a diplomatic track with Iran? At what point do we have to conclude that negotiations are going nowhere? Are we prepared to live with a nuclear-armed Iran? If so, how? If not, what is the president prepared to do to protect Americans and our allies from an Iranian nuclear-strike, or nuclear blackmail?

In his famous “axis of evil” speech on January 29, 2002, President Bush made the following case:

“We will work closely with our coalition to deny terrorists and their state sponsors the materials, technology, and expertise to make and deliver weapons of mass destruction. We will develop and deploy effective missile defenses to protect America and our allies from sudden attack. And all nations should know: America will do what is necessary to ensure our nation’s security. We’ll be deliberate, yet time is not on our side. I will not wait on events, while dangers gather. I will not stand by, as peril draws closer and closer. The United States of America will not permit the world’s most dangerous regimes to threaten us with the world’s most destructive weapons.”

Today, the country is deeply divided over whether using military force in Iraq was the right thing to do. But the Iranian nuclear threat is now far worse than the Iraqi threat of having or obtaining weapons of mass destruction was then. President Bush has a decision to make and precious little time to make it. For let’s be clear: should Iran go nuclear on this president’s watch, all the gains made to date in the War on Terror will be wiped out overnight. That is not a legacy this president wants, nor one this nation can afford.

— Joel C. Rosenberg, a one-time aide to former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Deputy Prime Minister Natan Sharansky, is a New York Times best-selling author of Middle East-based political thrillers. His new novel is The Copper Scroll. His forthcoming non-fiction book is entitled Epicenter: Why The Current Rumblings In The Middle East Will Change Your World.

Last edited by cyrus on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:56 am; edited 4 times in total
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ganji is asking to appease Mullahs and after 100 years the IslamoFascist might change. Don't help opposition to Mullahs and let the regime spend billions of dollars (stolen oil money) for Terror, Torture and killing oppositions. Shame on anyone who agrees with this garbage. He is new Khatami to appease Mullahs and Islam. All followers of Islam are "Taazi agents" which is much worst than being "foreign agents".

Dear Cyrus,

There's an old expression comes to mind, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." Now I may have been fooled into giving Ganji the benefit of the doubt, so shame on him, but he hasn't fooled me twice.

I have a very important question to ask of you, in regard to the above quote , and note that for as long as I have supported the free-Iran project I have held the following as premise for that support.

Quote:
Mr. President, Our opposition movement (SMCCDI) is
bound by a charter formed on principals such as; Human
rights, Democracy, separation of church and states, and
free markets. We believe these principals represent the
most fair and efficient means for humanity to realize its
potential. Ultimately, no repressive, intolerant regime can
withstand the spread of these ideals.

The Islamic Republic regime currently in power in Iran or
any Islamic variances that may exist there in the future
are no exception. By staying true to these values our
triumph is absolutely, positively, and undeniably
inevitable.

-January 27, 2005 SMCCDI letter to President Bush

http://www.daneshjoo.org/article/publish/article_3270.shtml

My questions are as follows:

What role do you envision for the average Muslim in a post-regime Iran?

Will they have the right to vote?
The right to seek elected office?
The right to freedom of worship?
The right to hold property?
The right to freedom of speech?
The right to bear arms in defense of the nation?
Equal rights under the applications of the universal declaration of human rights in all manner and application?

I ask these things because even though I realize your quote above is spoken in anger , it gives pause for thought as to what ultimately may become manifest in taking such a stance, labeling with such generality even those who hate the regime as much as you, who simply happen to be Muslim.

Quote:
All followers of Islam are "Taazi agents" which is much worst than being "foreign agents".

Would you see all Muslims deported from Iran, being that they are "worse than foreign agents"???

And finally, would "hard core supporters of Taazi regime change." simply refuse the help of folks like the brave fellow here who risked all to blog from Iran onto the Washington Times political forum recently?
http://blogs.washingtontimes.com/insiderpolitics/?p=585#comment-3562

Quote:
babak Says:
I dont know why western countries are continuing misunderestanding their enemies? I am a muslim, I am living in Iran and i know them (Islamist regime) very well. Their policy if they have power is completely different when they are in weak position. Islam is the most important aim for shia and sunni, they want to destroy civilised countries (if they can) when they are commited suiside attack all over the world do you think if they achieve more power (like nuclear bombs) what are they going to do?

If western countries don’t stand firm against islamist regimes, I am sure they will pay the price.

Cyrus, I mean you no insult by these questions...it is human nature to go to extremes when angered, and Ganji has obviously triggered much of late.....I await your thoughtful and logical response to these essential questions.

Best Regards,

-Oppie
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oppenheimer wrote:
Quote:
Ganji is asking to appease Mullahs and after 100 years the IslamoFascist might change. Don't help opposition to Mullahs and let the regime spend billions of dollars (stolen oil money) for Terror, Torture and killing oppositions. Shame on anyone who agrees with this garbage. He is new Khatami to appease Mullahs and Islam. All followers of Islam are "Taazi agents" which is much worst than being "foreign agents".

-Oppie

Dear Oppie,

Correction:

All Pro Hezbollah followers of Islam in Iran are "Taazi agents" which is much worst than being "foreign agents".

My above correction answer your question. Thank you for pointing it out.
Thanks,
Cyrus
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Cyrus,

No problem Captain... anytime. Let's jus' keep the good ship "AZADI" on course, row all together now in unison, damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead, and dock this puppy at safe harbor before the storm breaks.

Quote:
Agree with Mr. Roozbeh Farahanipour statement.

second that...boy's on a mission.

By the way, when I sent this to the US gov. as a part of a longer letter, as evidence of regime intent last summer, I also gave them the secret to the demise of the IRI....in their own words.

The US Gov. hasn't exactly been kicking back sippin' coctails down in Crawford, leavin' you'all three sheets to the wind, or up a creek without a paddle as it were.

Mr. Bush comin' back to Washington tonight with a brand new pair of cowboy boots, and lookin' to scuf them up proper on mullah's backside, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
On February 14, 2005 a leading member of Iran’s Hizbollah, Hojjat-ol-Islam Baqer Kharrazi after years of silence delivered a harsh speech against the reformists and the administration in Iran, Iran Emrooz reported.

“I kept silent over the past 14 years, because Hizbollah needed to be restructured and I was busy with training the forces. Although no Iranian media reflected Hizbollah leaders’ recent meeting with head of Iran’s State Expediency Council, Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, I should say we elaborated on Hizbollah’s activities for Rafsanjani in detail and the former president was amazed with our progress.” Kharrazi claimed.

“We don’t need any guardian. And if necessary we will select our own president, ministers and parliament members. For without the Hizbollah forces the Islamic Revolution will collapse from within.” the hardliner added.

Referring to the Sunni population in Iran’s western, eastern and southern borders, Kharrazi said: “Presently the country’s borders are controlled by Sunnis. We have to counter their growth in the country.”

On Iran’s nuclear issue, Kharrazi noted: “We have oil, gas and all other natural resources and thus we don’t need interaction with other countries. We are able to produce atomic bombs and we will do that. We shouldn’t be afraid of anyone. The US is no more than a barking dog”
Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shahin Fatemi is a traitor for supporting Ganji in a recent article in iranvajahan
After this interview, there remains little doubt that Akbar Ganji is one of the top propagandists of the islamic republic who is brainwashing the US state department whose Iran policy has turned into a joke.

Quote:
President Bush hailed his valiance and called for his release, authorizing $75 million in funding this year to support Iran's democratic opposition.

But Ganji, a former member of the Revolutionary Guards who is now regarded as one of Iran's leading journalists and dissidents, has come to California to deliver what may seem a counterintuitive message: Leave Iran alone.

In interviews, talks with scholars and an appearance last week at a celebrity-studded gathering sponsored by actor Sean Penn and producer Mike Medavoy, Ganji pressed his view that U.S. military intervention and funding of dissidents would only give the Iranian regime an excuse for further crackdowns. Already, he said, the regime is trying to marginalize the opposition as "foreign agents" and has dramatically increased censorship and other oppressive measures.

Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letter to America

By Akbar Ganji
Thursday, September 21, 2006; Page A25

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/20/AR2006092001583.html

My brief journey to your beautiful and amazing country began in New York City with a symbolic hunger strike in front of United Nations headquarters. Its purpose was to bring to the world's attention the plight of political prisoners in my country, Iran. We demand that all political prisoners in Iran be freed. I am certain that you appreciate our desire for freedom; it was, after all, the main principle upon which your country was founded.

My American journey commenced shortly after I was released from prison in Iran. I spent six years behind bars on the bogus charge of endangering national security. I came here bearing a message from a movement whose members are hard at work promoting the values of democracy, human rights, social justice and civil liberties. We want our country to play a positive role in promoting peace, security and cooperation in the region. To achieve our goals, we need the support of the entire world, particularly your vast and powerful country.

To end the tensions between our countries, we appeal to your natural sense of independence, liberty and fairness -- to your belief that the pursuit of happiness is not just the prerogative of some classes or nations. Happiness, peace and security can be achieved and sustained when we succeed in making these values universal. The sense of physical pain as well as injury to our sense of human dignity and self-esteem are common to us all. No less common is our shared sense of peace, security, joy and laughter.

The history of the United States as a nation begins with the establishment of a polity based upon a constitution. In modern Iran, that is still a relatively new idea. Although it dates to our Constitutional Revolution of 1906, we have in fact achieved only some of the goals of that revolution. We are, a century later, still struggling to create a polity based on a constitution and the rule of law.

Even the 1979 revolution could not turn this dream into reality. The political and ideological forces that came to dominate that revolution denied the people the right to exercise their free will. The official ideology of the ruling clerical regime considers all humans to be less than adult and says that without the supervision of the clergy, they will act like children, if not madmen. According to this clerical theory, the people are most virtuous when they are most docile.

This is similar to the concept of the ruler as shepherd and guardian, and the people as flock. The official ideology of the Islamic regime calls for fully implementing this idea in the political domain. The idea is not, of course, limited to the world of Islam. Religious fundamentalism, whether it appears in Islamic, Christian, Jewish or Buddhist hue, shares the desire to humiliate the people and deny them their rights.

In Iran, we hope to achieve our goal of a new polity and a new constitution not by violence but by following a peaceful and democratic path. And in this struggle we need moral support from all freedom-loving people around the world -- particularly the United States.

We want the world to know that our rulers do not represent the Iranian people and that their religion is not the religion of the entire nation. We ask that in shaping its policies toward the Iranian regime, the United States not overlook the interests of Iranian civil society. In particular, we hope that America listens to those in Iran who fear that policies intended to contain the current crisis might in fact lead to a greater crisis, and to war.

We are convinced that the outbreak of a new war in the Middle East, particularly against a large and populous country such as Iran, would destabilize the region and the world. And it would deprive us of the chance to found a peaceful and democratic political order. We are also against policies, such as economic sanctions, that bring extraordinary hardship to the lives of ordinary Iranians.

It is both possible and desirable to solve the problems between the United States and Iran through direct talks. Such diplomacy will best serve the interests of the American and Iranian people if it is conducted in a transparent fashion. This transparency would not only make it impossible for advocates of war to increase tensions but also would help isolate them. Iranian democrats are opposed to secret diplomacy.

If, in the 1980s, the United States had pursued a policy of never establishing ties with enemies of human rights, and if it had given priority to the interests of civil society, it could be reaping the benefits of a successful foreign policy today. And the danger of terrorism would have been less than it is now. In fighting nuclear proliferation, all countries must be treated equally. The Iranian people do not accept double standards in this matter.

We believe the government in Tehran is seeking a secret deal with the United States. It is willing to make any concession, provided that the United States promises to remain silent about the regime's repressive measures at home. We don't want war; nor do we favor such a deal. We hope that the regime will not be allowed to suppress its people, foment a crisis in the region or continue with its nuclear adventurism.

But the dangers of the Tehran regime are not limited to the nuclear question. The regime is dangerous mostly because it is willing to brutally trample on the democratic and human rights of the Iranian people. It is dangerous because it is willing to create gender apartheid in the name of religion and to suppress religious and ethnic minorities. Finally, it is dangerous because it considers all forms of dissent unforgivable sins. The real goal of the nuclear program is to make these policies permanent. In its negotiations with the Iranian regime, the West must not overlook this important fact.

Today I stand among a large number of Iranians who live in the United States. Most are now citizens of this country, educated and successful. They owe their success not just to their resourcefulness and hard work but also to the admirable ability of American society to accept strangers and immigrants on its shores, and to America's cultural tolerance. The large community of Iranians in America is imbued with affection for it. They, as well as the people of Iran, hope that political conflicts will be resolved and replaced by bonds of friendship and peaceful cooperation.

Akbar Ganji is an Iranian journalist and writer.
Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akbar Ganji once again shows his true face, he says

Quote:
Don't sanction,
And don't overtly support Iran's democratic opposition.
he worried that the continued threats against Iran would harm the position of Iran's reformers.

Shame on you Akbar Ganji, enough is enough. Shame on you
I hope the Bush administration don´t listen to the garbage of this charlatan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: