[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iranian president calls for purge of liberal lecturers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmirN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Iranian president calls for purge of liberal lecturers Reply with quote

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1865629,00.html

Iranian president calls for purge of liberal lecturers

Robert Tait in Tehran
Wednesday September 6, 2006

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iran's outspoken president, fired an ominous warning at the country's educated elites yesterday by calling for a purge of "liberal and secular" academics in the universities.
In what some analysts interpreted as the start of a clampdown, Mr Ahmadinejad derided secular lecturers as a fifth column of western colonialism which he said was seeking to expand into Iran.

"Today students should protest and shout at the president asking why some liberal and secular professors are still present in the universities," he told a gathering of young scientists. "Our educational system has been under the influence of the secular system for 150 years. Colonialism is seeking the spread of its own secular system." While acknowledging it was difficult to change this system, he said: "Such a change has begun."

Mr Ahmadinejad, a hardline Islamist, also said his government had tried to reduce the political influence of university chancellors, many of whom were seen as pillars of the reformist government of his predecessor, Mohammad Khatami.
"A political predominance existed among many of the university chancellors but we have tried to reduce it because we don't believe chancellors should enter into politics at all," Mr Ahmadinejad said.

The president's salvo recalled previous outbursts against ideological targets, including a call for Israel to be "wiped off the map" and a demand for western music to be barred from Iran's airwaves.

His latest comments will intensify fears among student and faculty members of an incipient crackdown.

In recent months, several student activists have been imprisoned and dozens of liberal lecturers forced to retire before the statutory age. Last year, Mr Ahmadinejad appointed a radical cleric as chancellor of Tehran university, the country's most prestigious institution.

The government has also buried "martyrs" from the 1988 Iran-Iraq war in some universities in what activists see as an excuse to allow security forces on to campuses to keep watch on the student body.

Iran's Islamic authorities have kept universities under close surveillance since a wave of student protests demanding greater freedom in 1999. A student leader, Akbar Mohammadi, died in jail in July after a hunger strike started in protest at being reimprisoned following a long-term release on medical grounds.

Some critics saw Mr Ahmadinejad's remarks as presaging a general repression of internal critics under the cloak of Iran's confrontation with the west over its nuclear programme. The government's official spokesman appeared to herald such a move recently by instructing judges to prosecute journalists who published "lies" about the government

But Professor Sadegh Zibakalam, a political scientist at Tehran university, dismissed suggestions of an imminent purge. "Ahmadinejad is a populist trying to create a charismatic image for himself," he said. "These comments are aimed at those who voted for him and perhaps designed to divert attention from Iran's economic problems. They don't mean there is an orchestrated plot against more liberal lecturers."
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islamic Fascist Ahmadinejad (L) and Nicaragua's President Daniel Ortega greet supporters from Ortega's Sandinista party during a meeting in a suburb of Managua January 14, 2007. (Oswaldo Rivas/Reuters)
Reuters via Yahoo! News - Jan 14 5:12 PM

Last edited by cyrus on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Monkey New Outfit Reply with quote

The Virous New Outfit

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070111/photos_pl_afp/37d1fe968d8d3fb380bf8becc2ac1f1d&g=events/wl/031103irannuclear

Islamic Fascists Ahmadinejad puts on an Arab outfit during a public meeting 02 January 2007 in the southwestern city of Sousangerd. Weary of the drawn-out diplomatic battle to rein in Iran's suspected nuclear weapons program, Washington welcomed signs that unilateral US measures designed to squeeze Tehran financially are starting to bear fruit.(AFP/File)

Last edited by cyrus on Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
blank

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahmadinejad was a hostage taker.

Posted by James Lewis on December 15th, 2006

According to an astonishing report confirmed by former Iran President Abolhassan Bani-Sadr, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was indeed one of the 1979 hostage takers.
The confirmation comes from a book written by Mark Bowden, Guests of the Ayatollah: The First Battle in America’s War With Militant Islam. Bowden has produced an in-depth study of the 444-day hostage taking, which included mock executions and interrogations, run by a wildly paranoid group of Khomeini followers. Khomeini himself was utterly misinterpreted by the Carter administration as a peaceful religious figure — Andrew Young called him “some kind of saint” — when of course he turned out to be a murderous fanatic. As President, Jimmy Carter and his NSC Advisor, Zbigniew Brzezinsky, refused to back the pro-American and modernizing Shah against the “peaceful” coup by a coalition of Khomeiniacs and Leftists. The CIA was utterly clueless, and when Khomeini’s articles were translated into English they turned out to be violently anti-Western, anti-American, anti-Christian and anti-Semitic. But the Carter Administration still denied the evidence of its own eyes.

Sounds familiar?

Bowden’s important book is reviewed in today’s Real Clear Politics by political scientist Matthias Kuentzen.

In 1979, a 23-year-old Mahmoud Ahmadinejad figured among the core group that prepared the seizure of the American embassy. According to then-Iranian President Abolhassan Bani-Sadr, Ahmadinejad was not only present in the occupied compound, but served as liaison between the hostage-takers and Ali Khamenei, at the time one of the most important Friday preachers in Tehran. Khamenei himself, today Iran’s Supreme Leader, visited the hostage-takers repeatedly in the compound. Ali-Akbar Rafsanjani, today Iran’s third most important political figure, was in 1980 the chairman of the Parliament and in this capacity he shared responsibility for the prolongation of the hostage crisis.

The Khomeinist seizure of the US Embassy ultimately brought down the Jimmy Carter presidency. The hostages were quickly released when Ronald Reagan took office. Apparently Khomeini was more afraid of Reagan than Carter. Both Carter and Brzezinski still deny their personal responsibility for bringing the first radical Islamist regime to power.

As Kuentzen points out:

Today, we are not only facing a second major conflict with Iran, but the West is confronted by the same theological regime, the same ideology of martyrdom — and indeed by some of the same persons.

In the obsessive worldview of the hostage-takers, an all-powerful United States was responsible for all the evils of the world. … Every piece of information coming from the embassy personnel, no matter how innocuous, took on a dark, covert significance. Even their digital watches and ballpoint pens were ascribed special powers, such as are otherwise only to be found in a James Bond film. … The contrast between the reality and the phantasm could hardly have been greater.

Like Stalin, Ahmadinejad plays to Iranian nationalism when it suits him. But is the Khomeini cult really a pro-Iran movement? Or is it ancient Islamist imperialism come back to haunt the world?

Khomeini’s answer:

We do not worship Iran, we worship Allah,” he declared in a speech in 1980 in Qom. “For patriotism is another name for paganism. I say let this land [Iran] burn. I say let this land go up in smoke, provided Islam emerges triumphant in the rest of the world.”

And in answer to the possibility that US forces might try to rescue the hostages: “”We will destroy you all, even if we ourselves die in the process.”

No it’s not comforting, but that is the reality of the Tehran regime we see today.

www.dangeroustimes.wordpress.com
blank

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That thug bastard Khomenie with his filthy islam destroyed Iran.... once we get our country back islam will have no place in our country...the first place needs to be bulldozed is Khomeni's filthy tomb.......
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain, blank and I whole heartedly agree with you. Iran will be 100% islam free after we punish Khamenei and his thugs! We are Iranians and we are BETTER than islam! I think we should turn Khomeini's tomb into a public toilet. A man who sends little boys off to get blown up in minefields deserves to be pissed on!
anusiya

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“We do not worship Iran, we worship Allah,” he declared in a speech in 1980 in Qom. “For patriotism is another name for paganism. I say let this land [Iran] burn. I say let this land go up in smoke, provided Islam emerges triumphant in the rest of the world.”

WHAT

THE

MONKEYS

?!?!?!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anusiya, why are you so shocked? Don't you know that Islam must be "triumphant in the rest of the world"? That loyalty to islam is "more valuable than loyalty to your country"? According to every imam in every mosque on earth this is what islam is about. I am surprised you did not know this... The quran explicitly proclaims it. This is what we are fighting against. This whole time... you really didn't know that?
anusiya

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but me and the muslims I know don't conform to that. It kinda defies common sense.

Besides, its still pretty harsh to say "oh yeah i dont give a toss about this country I happen to be dictating over lets conquer the rest of the world mwa hahahaha" kinda thing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It kinda defies common sense.

I know. Muslims that listen to common sense are few and far between. My dad's brother (my uncle) kicked my dad out of his house in Iran because he stopped being a muslim. Just before my uncle died last month, while in the hospital and full of tears he begged my dad to forgive him. Islam (that had been shoved down his throat all his life) had made him forget what was really important in life: his family.

Islam will destroy your sense of what is right and what is wrong because according to islam all that matters is the furthering of islam. The whole world be damned so long as islam is triumphant. This kind of ideology must be destroyed at all cost. Everyone on this board is fighting to stop it.

I am glad to see that you still have your humanity. You are truly a rarity among muslims...
anusiya

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just before my uncle died last month, while in the hospital and full of tears he begged my dad to forgive him.

He did forgive him, right? I know as a fact that my family wouldn't do anything like that for that reason - I suppose we're some of the luckier muslims in that respect.

Not meaning to judge or anything but it sounds like he was proper sorry at the end of it.

Quote:
This kind of ideology must be destroyed at all cost.

Nice to see we agree on something at last.

Quote:
You are truly a rarity among muslims

Hey, identity at last Very Happy. What brought about the change in opinion?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he forgived him. My dad loved his brother all this time even though he was treated like a "filthy kafir." My uncle was extremely sorry about it. There is something that happens to a man when he is dying. He starts realizing what kind of life he lead and what he should have done differently. But at least at the end of his life, he finally made peace with my dad.

So your saying that if you converted to another religion, your family wouldn't kick you out or worse?

Quote:
Hey, identity at last . What brought about the change in opinion?

All I'm saying is, you still have your humanity and common sense. If you truly are a muslim (which I think you break many fundamental requirements to be) then you are the only muslim I have ever known to deny the all importance of the absolute supremacy of Islam. I am however extremely skeptical that you follow the example of Muhammed. But perhaps I'm mistaken...
anusiya

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So your saying that if you converted to another religion, your family wouldn't kick you out or worse?

No. They know that I'm extremely non-religious and know that I've been through non-Muslim periods (which were filled mostly with Wicca - see avatar), and I'm still fine. Hey, they even bought me some of my pentacle stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: