[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A dream
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome. Dreams are often excellent guides for our lives. Understanding the emotions behind what happens in the dream will often ring true to our curent problems in life. I used to read lots of books on dream interpretation, its a very interesting subject. Especially for me since I have lots of dreams and often wonder what they mean.
anusiya

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Ive got quite a lot of dream books as well (which my parents really dont like), but I've heard that using a dream dictionary is not a good idea as the meanings aren't suited exactly for you. Do you believe in prophetic dreams? I could swear I've already had 2 - one was in October, when I dreamt we were recieving our fancy new calculators in maths class (happened the next day). The other one was 4 years ago - I dreamt that my best friend would break up with me and this happened a week after the dream. I haven't had anything big, though.

Thought I'd update you on some of the others I've just remembered randomly (I kinda remembered 3 more when I couldn't sleep last night)

So, in no particular order:

Dream 2.5 (it happened between 2 and 3):
Context:
Pretty much the same as #2
Dream:
I'm in a lecture theatre (there is no stage however). The floor is covered unorderdly with wooden chairs. I am in the 5th row from the front. She (the same girl from the other dreams 1 & 2) is on the 2nd row. The other students in the lecture are leaving, and soon it is just us 2 (and a doctor in white coat who looks like my dad/cousin mix but talks like Dr Cox off Scrubs - you ever seen it?).

When the room is empty apart from us 3, I have to say goodbye to everyone because I have a feeling I won't be seeing them again. First I go to the girl and catch her as she is leaving. We say bye and promise to keep in touch (that bit was pretty much an indoors instant replay of something that did actually happen). Then I hug her and kiss her on the cheek. She seems surprised but flattered and doesn't seem to mind; but has to hurry off because her parents are parked in a non-parking zone. I am left feeling warm inside that she wasn't freaked out.

Then I go to the doctor. He has been my mentor for the past 5 years. I know I will never see him again. He holds out his hand to shake mine but instead I hug him. I am crying because we will never see each other again. Even he has put down his sarcastic front and tries to comfort me. Then he vanishes.
I think this person represents my old personality which I've kinda outgrown - he's very emotional but tries to hide it under sarcasm. I think this character needs to be explored further.

At this point I woke up and had to get a drink before going back to sleep. The dream continued.

When I go back to sleep, I am standing outside the hall. The place is very dark, there are floodlights everywhere; and the building looks a lot like my school, but rotated 90 degrees clockwise and placed on a grassy slope. I see one of my friends from school - I haven't really spoke to him since June however. He warns me that we have to leave the school-like building without being seen by the floodlights and any car lights. So we try to sneak out. But, in the final 100m or so of the field, I am spotted by the car headlights of my parents' car. I am forced to go the car but I don't want to - I know something bad will happen if I get in.
Have a strong feeling about the car and how I felt worried about them. I think this also needs to be explored as well

Dream 1.5:
I'm at school and I'm wearing my jacket. One of my gerbils has jumped into my jacket pocket and decides to come out to play for a bit - I am completely unaware of this until she begins to climb up my arm. I take her and ask my biology teacher for a cage just for the rest of the day. He goes off to get it. As he is gone, everyone else is crowding round me and they want to play with it. I let them. I remember one person, when the gerbil is on his arm, flicks it off, saying "vermin!" the gerbil lands about 3metres away on the floor and runs around in the corridors.

Another one which I can't remember when it was but it was definitely before the 2.5th one.
I am on msn talking to this girl. It is daytime. I can't remember much of what happened, but I remember telling her exactly how I feel without much difficulty and feeling relieved. She didn't seem to get freaked out and during that conversation in the dream the feelings seemed to be reciprocal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I believe in prophetic dreams. After all I believe in the Bible, don't I? Most of the stories of the bible are about dreams and what the interpretation of those dreams cause. Jacob, Joseph, Gideon, Solomon, Daniel, Ezekiel, Joseph (Jesus' dad), The wise men from the east, Peter and Paul all had life changing dreams that changed the course of their lives (and the world). I believe God often speaks to us through dreams because we are more emotionally vulnerable and we don't let logic get in the way when we dream. I once had a dream where my grandmother was giving me a farewell speech and telling me how much she was gonna miss me but that she would be watching me. 3 days later she died. Many of my friends have had similar types of experiences. In fact the #1 reason why many people come to Jesus is because of dreams. There is even a whole website about this: http://isaalmasih.net/isa/dreamsofisa.html

Dream 2.5: Yes I watch scrubs. (AWESOME SHOW!) It seems that you are remembering what you said to the girl, and are wishing that you had expressed more than what you actually did. You are imagining what you would have said and how she would have (you hope) responded. You are afraid of the loss of a great friend and mentor (and as this is a dream you are more emotionally vulnerable) so you express what you actually feel. This part of the dream is about loss and what COULD have been. I think there is a lot of regret hidden in your mind and this is an atttempt by your brain to express it, instead of always holding everything in.

The second part: I have had a very similar dream. I am trying to escape, everyone is looking for me but I don't want to be found. Acording to one book I read, this type of dream usually means that you are looking to be alone to figure you emotions out but you don't want anyone to see you because you are still vulnerable. I suspect there might have been a great deal of stress before you dreamed this.

Dream 1.5: This one I'm not sure of. Things are causing you trouble but you can do little to fix them. This could have been a reflection of what happened the day before.

Last Dream: again, you are wishing things could have been different. You are trying to guess what her reaction would have been. It is a dream of hope: what you hope will happen.
anusiya

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also believe in prophetic dreams - but not with the God explanation. I reckon that your subconscious pieces together little clues you get during your day / life etc to come to a fairly decent conclusion. Like, with your grandmother (I'm sorry to hear that btw), there may have been little things that you noticed that could have given it away - was she in a hospital at all? (sorry but after the first time I ever saw anyone getting anywhere near dying was when my grandfather died of cancer and since then I've kinda associated death in old people with cancer .. sorry if thats not the case - no disrespect meant or anything)?

You don't think Isa-al-Masih could have replaced his white robe for a white coat do you? The things on the site seem really interesting but I can't say I've experienced them.

Slighltly besides the point, I don't actually see why the Magi went to see Jesus. I mean, they're Zartoshti, they live a long long way away in Parthia somewhere, they see a big star above somewhere westwards and say "lets go there!" (I may be wrong but that's how the popular story goes). Unless theres something in the Avesta about Jesus's birth, I kinda fail to understand this.

As for the gerbil dream - nothing had really happened the previous day that my conscious self had picked up on. I think I'd talked with her on msn for a bit - but that might have been a different day.

What do you think I should do? I think that until I say something these dreams are going to keep coming but I don't want to ruin our friendship (and if you knew my track record with girls you'd know that is a very very very understandable fear and a massive huge risk as well)

Thanks

Anus.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually my grandmother died very unexpectantly. She wasn't in the hospital and showed no signs of any physical problems. It was a great shock to my family. My grandfather also died the same way. Very suddenly - no one saw it coming. No disrespect taken.

If and when you see Isa almasih, you will know who he is. Even pagans who never knew anything about Isa knew very quickly who they were speaking to.

I believe the wise men were actually Zurvanists, a very distinct branch of Zoroastrianism. Zurvanists believed that secrets could be gained by the observance of the stars movements. They literally spent their whole lives tracking stars and gained international respect for their astrology. Kings would often bring their children to these priests and ask what star he was born under to see what kind of life he will lead. If I had spent my whole life tracking stars and one day I saw a star "like no other in the heavens" I would be VERY interested in seeing what king had been born - if you take my meaning. The Zurvanist were massacred by the muslims after they defeated the sassanid empire and their libraries burned because they thought the muslims came under evil stars (very interesting). All thier secrets were lost and NASA spokes people have often stated that their information would have been incredibly helpful because NASA is the first major group to undertake this task since the 7th century and has had to basically start at square one when mapping the heavens.

Well let me ask you this, is she interested in you? Do you know her well enough that you would want to be in a relationship with her? One other thing, my experience with girls is that they like confident guys. Most girls are more insecure than you are. They like being around someone who knows what they want and go for it. If you decide to go for it, remember It may be a huge risk but as they say "fortune favors the bold."
anusiya

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that is pretty interesting. Personally I think most of astrology / stuff like that is just glorified placebo .. but hey. But yeah, thanks for the explanation.

As for her:
1. Dont know, 2. Probably, 3. ... oh, there isn't a third one.

But thanks for that, will probably do something whenever the chance arrises.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it wasn't just (what we today call) astrology it was also astronomy. It was a highly regarded science in the ancient world. But whats really interesting about the story is that it shows that even other religions are invited to take part in the gift of Jesus. Its like God said "This is my gift to the world and all religions and all nations are invited."

If you love and study God's creation (as the wise men did) you will inevitably be drawn to the creator. They appearantly knew all about the life Jesus was going to live because they brought him gold because he was to be a king, frankensense because he was to be a priest, and myrrh for his inevitable sacrifice. They learned all that from the stars he was born under. ITS INCREDIBLE! People really underestimate the ancient sciences...so much has been lost...Persia really was a light among the nations...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: