[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A dream
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anusiya

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: A dream Reply with quote

Hi Cyrizian and anyone else who has a thought on this:

Last night I had a dream which scared the hell out of me. This is what heppened:

Firstly, me and Rhuan were talking about the Biblical apocalypse, specifically the bit when all the good guys get zapped up to heaven. Rhuan was insisting it was literal but I thought it was metaphorical, simply that all the believers and good people would die before the bad guys, who would then live to see all the horrrifying events of the apocalypse.

Next, I was in Lebanon somewhere, in a skyscraper that looks a little bit like that cool one in Qatar which has one straight edge and one convex edge. This place was a hotel and we were in the restaurant. Suddenly it starts raining and thundering really heavily and the place begins to flood up. We go through some caves in the skyscraper to the top floor, which is like a geodesic glass dome, and we could see the flood below. Suddenly, the skyscraper breaks, and begins to collapse into the flood. We're all screaming to the people nearby who were walking on the pavement beside the flooded area, and we were yelling for people to throw bricks at the glass dome to smash it so we could swim out but no-one noticed.

That's where it ends. My initial thoughts were that god was telling me to change my ways (i.e: various things that I wont go into here) or else something bad would happen. When I woke up, I went and prayed and I felt so much better.

I've just checked in my Islamic book of dreams (Interpretation of Dreams, by Imam Mohammad bin Sirin), and this is what I found out:
Doomsday: Apparently, there will be a flood sometime during this, and also justice will flourish in the place where there was no justice (assumably Lebanon), and God will punish the unjust people there.
Thunder and Lightning: apparently thunder means "oppressive ruler" and lightning is a sign of "fright" for travellers and "ambition" for resident. Thunder with rain (as was seen) is a sign of recovery for the sick.
Rain: Apparently this is interpretated as Divine help and mercy. Presumably this may mean that God is giving me a chance to fix myself and become more religious.
Flood: The enemy will surround me (probably metaphorical or non-physical)
River: drowning in a river indicates that I am going to remain absorbed in worldly affairs
Boat: A symbol for salvation and rescue. There were several boats in the flooded bit.
Climbing up a height: (the skyscraper) The interpretation of height is greatness in both worlds. I was going up stairs, and this signifies that my faith is Islam and with help, I will reach paradise successfully. Because I went through stairs, it means I will find a position of shelter and safety.

So what are your thoughts on this / any alternative interpretations?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what you told me earlier, the flood, and you climbing the stairs, and the tower then collapsing sughgests o me, that you are desperately trying to cling to something for safety, when the something in question is totally useless in the face of true danger.
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the first of many dreams for you. The next several will probably be more frightening for you. Make sure to share those with us. But as for this one, I think it means that your "tower" isn't very stong. You think it is now but when something very real and terrifying happens (when put to the test), you discover it can't hold up like you think it will.

Also when you yelled for someone to break the glass to get you out, that probably means that this tower is in many ways a prison and once it falls, there is no escape. No one can (or wants) to help you anymore. But it was your choice to go into that tower in the first place.

Cyrizian
anusiya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted the dream on the Ahmadiyya forums, and apparently it means that I'm going to leave the Jama'at at some point in my life and become an atheist.

Neutral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your muslim book of dreams, and the others on your Ahmadiyya forums sound to me like the soothsayers and witch doctors from the old testament trying to interpret dreams, they never got it rght.
anusiya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there are actually stories about people whos dreams did actually come true in that book ... i'll lend it 2 u for a while if you want

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, I'll be sure to read some of it if you lend it to me, (thinks of the books he lent anusiya a few months back...)
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked wait... your own religious leaders said your going to become an athiest? WOW.... no offense, but I think you have the most bizarre religion on earth. You follw the evil muhammed yet claim all of that was metaphor, you have dreams that terrify you and your leaders tell you to become an atheist, you believe an indian guy 100 years ago was Jesus... ...I am so incredibly confused... How do you stay sane with all the contradictions? ...Rhuan, how do you keep yourself sane? The more I learn about your friends, the more respect I have for you.
Rhuan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I keep myself sane... hmm I listen to lots of music and I read the bible and pray every day.
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right, silly question. Thats what keeps us all sane. If it werent for that, I dont know how I'd hold myself together...
Rhuan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sig is Japanese, it means:

"We are screaming all the time"
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! very appropriate.
anusiya

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyrizian, these are (I hope) in no way connected to religion but I'd love your opinion on these three, if you don't mind.:

The first one happened a week ago:
Context:
Had just met this really nice girl. We had got talking and I felt we had really connected.
Dream:
It is really dark and misty (so much so that I can't see the floor). I'm riding a white pony, with grey spotted legs. She (the other person) is also it behind me, we are riding bareback (don't ask me how two people can ride on a pony thats only about 1 metre 20 tall). This pony has a really long grey mane and tail. Nothing much really happens - the pony is just walking. During this dream, I remember feeling calm and happy - there is no turbulence at all.

The second happened a few days ago.
Context:
Involves the same girl as in my earlier one (the one with the pony) - have had difficulty thinking about much else. Also, recently applied for a medical careers course in London, for which I'd have to catch a train and then the metro.
Dream:
On arriving at the metro station, I meet the same girl. She is wearing a long, red coat, but doesnt seem to notice me. I walk behind her. Eventually, another boy comes out from behind a pillar and they meet. She turns round, says "Hi" to me, but then leaves in a hurry.

The third one happened last night.
Context:
Presumably worrying about school, exams, maths, and Young Enterprise (a school company project thingy).
Dream:
1. I am in a clearing in a forest. There are rows of wooden desks made from logs arranged with an aisle in the middle. At the far end, there is a very tall tree. There are stairs and an elevator leading up it. I go up. There is a group of 7 girls - one I recognise as someone I had met briefly a few weeks ago. They need help manufacturing something - I help them and we get talking knowing my own group is on the ground as well. Surrounding the trunk of the tree at this level (everyone is on leaves), there is a large glass bowl, which begins to fill with water. One of the girls drops a wine glass in the water. We get it out, and take some water out with it. I then find out that these girls are 3 years younger than me, and I leave the tree and return to my own group.

When I get there, I see people sitting at desks separated by a few metres. I have entered the maths exam. I find my seat. The paper is bright orange. I open the pages, and look at the questions - I know the answers but can't write them down. In some of the seats surrounding me are two girls who look about my age and have long blonde hair. They are twins. The one in front turns round and asks "Hi. What's your name?" I answer. Both the girls spin their chairs round and we begin talking. The invigilator asks for silence but we don't listen - I feel we have really connected. By the end of this, we are sitting on the floor (our chairs and desks have vanished) and my papers are scattered all over the place). The invigilator comes over as we talk and giggle etc. He says: "This is the last time I'll ask, be quiet." We are instantly silent, and I signal that I'll call the girls. One of them (who looks like another girl I'd met a few weeks ago and whose email I just got today) writes down a telephone number in big writing. Then they vanish.

I get up, and find myself in my biology classroom. I am suddenly wearing my lab coat. We are doing a lesson on cancer. As the lesson finishes, one of the students next to me undoes my tie. I try to re-tie it back up, but the ends are too long, and I have to do it again. It is tuesday. I keep trying to do my tie up, but every time it is long. I also forget which lesson I have next. I am getting very worried now. The next class begins to file in, and takes their seats. I am still struggling with my tie as the lesson begins. I get my tie sorted, but still can't remember which lesson I have next, so I stay in biology asking some students if they know.

Half way through the lesson, we are sitting on the floor against the window. I suddenly remember that I have chemistry now. It is 2:00pm. I ask the biology teacher if I could leave the lesson to go to chemistry now that I've remembered. He says yes. I go up to chemistry, and the teacher is absent. All the students are in the back (but not in their usual seats) doing a titration. I ask what's happening - one of them replies that we are doing an assessed titration. I am getting very worried and suddenly realise that I've left my lab coat downstairs. That's when I decide to wake up.

Sorry to offload onto you. If anyone else has any ideas, please post them.

Thanks loads for your help

- Anusiya

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.... These are very interesting dreams.

1st dream: I think this is kind of a set up type dream. It is meant to show you that all is right (or at least you think all is right) and peaceful.

2nd dream: The conflict is born. The one you like is interested in this other boy. She doesn't notice you and runs away from you when you greet her.

3rd dream: You go somewhere and realize you don't belong there. But when you go back, there is an exam and you can't (for whatever reason) answer the questions. You connect with someone but the examiner is trying to keep you from connecting. Your important things are everywhere. Then someone messes something important up. You have a hard time fixing it. Then, you can't remember where you are supposed to go. But then you realize where you are supposed to be, so you go there. But when you get there, you remember that you left something important behind.

This could be connected to religion. But it could just as easily be something else.

If it has to do with religion, I believe that you got a taste of another religion but you weren't sure that you liked it. So you went back, but an authority of some kind asked you some questions but you did'nt know how to (or even if you should) answer them. You remember that something connected with you in that other religion but the disciplinarian doesn't want you sociallizing with it. You disobeyed but the authority figure got angry. So then after being threatened, you obeyed. But then trouble started happening all around you. You finally realized what you had to do but just as you went to do it, something is still holding you back.

If you go back to "that place", there is alot of trouble, things that go wrong and do not work towards your benefit. Now you are headed to the right place but are missing something. I think the question is: "Do you really need the lab coat?"

I hope this helps. and I'm glad to see that your still around.

Cyrizian
anusiya

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. You're really good at this - when I read your interpretations they seem to "click," if you get what I mean.

I doubt it's anything to do with religion as (you can probably guess this from my complete lack of posting here for a while) I've been less religious than most toothbrushes for the past ... well, a long time. But if you're right, I'd say it was my brief week-long encounter with Wicca I had a while ago.

Having read your analysis, I reckon the third dream is in fact connected with the girl in the first 2. The fact that I couldn't write anything during the exam may have related to how I can't actually tell her how I feel. In the dream, my arms were paralysed (probably an adverse side effect to the excessive dumbellage I've been doing lately) - in real life, it feels like my fingers are paralysed (we talk over msn now) whenever she's online. I know exactly what to say, but I can't say it in case it all goes wrong. And, if past experiences are anything to judge by, it will all go wrong. You say that I know what I must do but something is preventing me from doing it - I reckon this is probably it. I think it took the shape of a maths exam because I'm going to be sitting one very soon, and it's quite scary.

The two twins could represent the confident, outgoing side of me. They are repressed by the exam invigilator - this may well be some personal anxiety stopping me from becoming outgoing and confident. I believe the telephone number has great importance because I feel really guilty for forgetting it. It could be that my outgoing side wants to get out (make contact) and take over - become a bigger part of me than the paranoid, introverted, shy side. I think they look like that other girl because I was anticipating some form of contact from her and so I was thinking about her a lot.

The people in the tree with whom I get talking are similar in character but not quite as rebellious, I get on well with them - perhaps this indicates that when there are no risks, I can be quite outgoing (as this thread obviously shows - if I knew you vaguely in person I doubt I'd be saying these things because I'd be afraid that you'd be judgemental). However, when I realised there were risks (i.e: my own group was down there and I wasn't around) I got worried and left. That was probably my fear of consequences. The tree scene represents who I am whereas the exam scene is who I want to be.

Could the "someone messing something up" be related to my figure? As you may (or may not) know, I am very insecure about my figure and probably have non-purging type bulimia (which is ok, because it's non-purging so all that happens is all my fat goes to muscle). The hard time I'm having may relate to all the physical exercise I'm doing nowadays - someone messing it up would be my mum forcing me to eat all the horrible fatty xmas foods that are now on sale everywhere.

It could also be that I fear something is about to messed up - namely the exams I have in a week's time + the ones in june + uni application + more exams (you get the picture). If even one grade is messed up it will severely threaten my chances of getting into Med school. I'd have a super-hard time fixing this.

It could also refer back to that other boy in dream 2 (I think this one's correct). No explanation is needed here, hopefully. Me not remembering where I have to would be generic depressive moods / demoralisation in this instance - and suddenly remembering would be something sudden that makes me happy and motivated again. Random euphoria often makes me rush things - hence the forgotten lab coat.

Lab coat also is instantly associated with chemistry. Forgetting the lab coat would mean fears about failing chem in my exams, which I need an A in to get into med school.

Oh - I forgot to mention something in dream 2:
After she's gone, I find another boy and we get talking. A metro train arrives and people board, but mine arrives in 15 minutes. With the people boarded, the train stays still and the metro station begins to move along the tracks. It emerges on a dark motorway between two concrete buildings at a T-junction (now on a road). There are very bright orange street lights. The place is suddenly empty.

Anyway, thanks loads for the help Very Happy it is really useful. And yeah, I am sticking around until this board does acheive what it set out to do - regime change (and even after that I'll probably stick around because the P&R section is great)

Thanks

- Anusiya
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: